Why Hunt Club?
When it comes to hiring the best people, relationships are everything. Hunt Club helps companies scale by leveraging trusted relationships through service and technology.
We help companies find the best talent by utilizing our proprietary technology that transforms thousands of subject matter experts into the world’s most powerful network along with arming our partners with a talent strategy team that is committed to delivering the best recruiting experience for everyone.
With our Atlas SaaS Platform, Hunt Club is bringing its technology into the B2B and B2C spaces to support talent, business development and investment needs.
What We’re Looking For
Hunt Club is looking for a strategic and self-motivated Principal Engineer to help drive customer goals and objectives for our Expert team. Our Expert community serves as the soul, and engine, of Hunt Club’s recruiting business providing an invaluable source of candidate referrals. As we accelerate investment in Atlas, we are reimagining what it means to be a Hunt Club expert community member. This role will serve as a key decision maker in our future expert technology.
The ideal candidate is someone with a mix of strong technical and communication skills and a customer-first mindset. This is a highly entrepreneurial role and will require a leader who is business-minded with the ability to clearly and effectively collaborate and communicate across the organization.
Our culture is one that embraces the “beautiful mess” and empowers our team to focus on what truly matters. This is the team for you if:
- You believe that small teams of highly capable people build the best products.
- You think success is not a roadmap or straight line rather it's a landscape to navigate.
- You understand that process cannot compensate for talent gaps or lack of leadership.
- You follow the idea that great technology is defined just as much by what it does not do as by what it does.
- Must have one creative hobby that you have shown dedication to.
- You know what good looks like and can communicate it.
What You’ll Do
- Promote and operate within a culture of “T” shaped engineers - product managers who code.
- Manage an effective balance of just enough code while avoiding academic pitfalls of perfection.
- Instill learning and experimentation as the appropriate way to build products and avoid edge case syndrome.
- Be a thought partner and leader with Product, Design, and business teams to drive forward the company strategy.
- Contribute to the ongoing technical strategy to support our product efforts;
- Simplify infrastructure footprint and optimize developer tooling.
- Establish centralized architecture and patterns to support quality and scale.
- Manage our outcome-driven delivery model. Here each engineer is responsible for delivering their own outcomes.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and comparing our team to that of our competitors
- Establish a peer-to-peer culture of excellence and find engineers who want to be a part of something special that needs little top hand-holding.
Core Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails
Who you are
- You know what it means to be customer-centric and embrace customers over stakeholders.
- You have high agency and can make things happen.
- You are vision sensitive and can share examples of outcomes where you followed a vision.
- You respect the value creation process and are able to embrace the mess (“don't tell the artist how to hold the brush”).
- You like deleting code as much as writing code - and you’re willing to write code
- You embrace agile behaviors over the agile process.
- You have a desire to experiment on how we can get better and are willing to tinker with how we operate as much as you would with the product.
- You are hungry, curious, and willing to try anything.
- You have strong problem-framing and solving skills, meaning you’re able to find the “right question” to answer.
- You have a high bar and demand excellent results
- You have 10 years of experience across 3 companies as a software engineer
- You have failed before in past startup roles or have similar learning experiences you can share
Hunt Club is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Frequently cited statistics show that people who identify with historically marginalized groups are likely to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to help us break that statistic.
We understand and appreciate that experience and skills can be built in a number of ways. If you are interested in any of our open roles, even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.