If you are a highly motivated and results-oriented individual with a proven track record of success in production management, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing operations and coordinating the plant’s manufacturing processes while focusing on budgetary control, safety, quality, and setting tactical and strategic productivity goals. Key objectives of the Plant Manager role include strategic planning and execution, performance management, continuous improvement, operational excellence, and leadership and development to position the company for financial strength and continuous and sustainable growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and apply productivity metrics and targets across operations and demonstrate performance management skills to increase profitability and customer service.
- Ensures operational integrity regarding quality, environment, reliability, health, safety, and security.
- Ideate and implement strategic improvements for production, quality, and labor utilization throughout the facility including investigating and implementing innovative manufacturing processes to manage and reduce costs and improve product quality.
- Apply lean manufacturing principles in designing, specifying, and validating best practice and world-class manufacturing processes to achieve organizational goals.
- Maintain an accurate, up to date ISO program within his/her area of responsibility.
- Developing and executing efficiency strategies on special projects.
- Create and maintain culture rich in safety awareness and cost efficiency.
- Maintain solid inventory control processes and procedures.
- Communicates appropriate feedback while promoting engagement, innovation and superior performance while increasing idea generation and functional solutions.
- Provides tools to success and removes barriers to completion to motivate and develop team members and staff.
- Contributes to effective communication by listening and providing feedback and cascading and sharing knowledge and relevant information to team members.
- Foster a culture that supports coaching, development, and continued education to increase employee value and contribution.
- Manage incoming materials to determine conformity and handling.
- Responsibility for utilization of equipment by planning operations and manning the equipment in the departments, scheduling set-ups; keeping equipment lubricated and clean; notifying maintenance of needed repair and assisting Maintenance.
- 5-10 years of manufacturing experience or relevant industry experience.
- Ability to analyze and mitigate cost and drive profitable growth while sustaining elevated levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Proven track record and experience managing a large workforce in a union environment with the ability to negotiate and collaborate.
- Ability to deal with complexity through methodical reasoning.
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience and practical application.
- Possess strong human skills in a participative management environment.
- Exhibits aggressive approach in pursuing a program of continuous improvement in the search of a better way to make a quality product more efficiently.
- Basic computer skills are required in normal routine daily operations.