As a member of the Communications Team, the Digital Media Specialist assumes full responsibility for the development, distribution and analyses of digital /social media content and is responsible for conceptualizing, curating, and publishing content that informs, educates and engages visitors to the Trust’s website and social media platforms.
Digital/Social Media Management
- Strategize, conceptualize, and execute activities that support the Trust’s short and long term digital and social media activities.
- Executes, monitors, and maintains all Trust digital/social media initiatives and campaigns.
- Develop, plan, execute and maintain a thoughtful and coherent digital/social media calendar.
- Cultivate stories and user experiences.
- Utilize analytical tools to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of digital/social media traffic, programs, and activities.
- Oversee and manage the email database (Constant Contact, Cvent) and operating application for public facing email distribution.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to identify content.
- Manage all public distribution emails including loading content, testing, scheduling, and monitoring activity.
- Partner with web design contractors to identify and perform tasks that optimize performance of the Trust’s website.
- Curate and evaluate content for publishing on The Trust’s website that is consistent with organizational and communications strategic plans.
- Manage vendor relationships and budgets with professional contractors providing services and content for digital platforms.
- Utilizing existing templates, create graphics for internal and external publication.
- Partner with vendors to produce new templates or create content for larger projects.
- Manage internal displays including importing content from relevant sources, creating display materials, monitoring, and updating as needed.
- Understands the vision of each assigned project and partners closely with relevant internal and external stakeholders to create and track end-to-end project plans, content coordination, schedules, and budgets from planning to post-completion evaluations.
- Serve as a key point of contact for information and communication for assigned projects.
- Manage contracts, publishing agreements, and vendor relationships for assigned projects.
- Responsible for ensuring branding standards in all internal and external materials.
- Works openly, candidly, and cooperatively with relevant stakeholders in defining project scope, timelines and needs.
- Uphold a strong commitment to the mission, ethos, and core values of the Trust.
- Work with team members to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation; as assigned, implement ways to make programs, processes, and systems more efficient.
- Engage in training and professional development activities to develop competencies and build effectiveness within the role.
- Attend conferences or workshops for professional development and share knowledge gained with peer staff.
- Travel, including overnight and outside of usual business hours may be necessary, up to 5%.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Leadership and Team Collaboration
- Balance the reliable completion of a high volume of assigned work while working collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Skillfully navigate relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization, representing the Trust in a knowledgeable and credible way in all circumstances.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to align work with organizational values and priorities.
- Navigate ambiguity and change with agility and humility.
- Visionary; open to new or innovative methods and proposals.
Analysis and Organization
- Analyze and synthesize large amounts of complex information.
- Ability to review, understand and analyze program data and reports.
- Manage and prioritize complex projects and assignments.
- Excellent planning and operational skills.
- Produce high-quality work while adhering to deadlines.
Relationship and Communication
- Able to capably and knowledgeably interface with diverse secular, and faith-based organizations and individuals; lead projects with both secular and faith-based organizations as part of day-to-day operations.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, service-oriented and dedicated to lifelong learning.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback, deliver difficult news, and seek additional information as needed.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally, virtually or in-person, using appropriate mediums and tools to share information.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in communications, publishing, digital media, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent additional professional experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional experience curating, publishing, monitoring, and maintaining digital content.
- Professional experience researching, producing, reviewing, revising, editing, publishing, and evaluating public facing communications materials.
- Progressively responsible management of complex projects, including the management of multiple simultaneous or overlapping projects with a demonstrated history of successful delivery.
- Demonstrated continuous learning and skills development, specifically in project management.
- Demonstrated project and logistics management experience including full cycle management of scheduling and budgets.
- Proficiency in managing professional social media platforms, utilizing distribution applications and publishing software required. Experience with applications or software such as Constant Contact, CVent, Sprout Social, PicMonkey, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Demonstrated technical acumen including proficiency level knowledge of workplace technology including but not limited to Microsoft suite.