Community Legal Aid’s staff attorneys serve as the primary contact for transforming the lives of our clients. Our attorneys are fierce advocates for our clients, meeting their immediate legal needs, but also addressing their holistic needs through direct representation, education, and community resource referrals.
Serving on the front-line of Legal Aid’s work, staff attorneys address both individual and systemic legal issues that perpetuate the cycle of poverty. Successful candidates will use their skills to identify, find solutions for, and remediate the root causes of inequities in our justice system, including litigation, policy advocacy, and client and stakeholder education.
· Admitted to the practice of law in Ohio.
· Demonstrated interest in and sensitivity to the legal needs of low-income individuals, as well as motivation to improve their lives,
commitment to Legal Aid’s core values of diversity, empathy, justice, leadership, professionalism, respect, and transformation,
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of personalities,
· Proven professional attitude and excellent persuasive abilities,
· Experience in Bankruptcy and Debt Collection strongly preferred,
· Ability to maintain client confidentiality,
· Ability to work independently, with excellent analytical and organizational skills,
· Strong oral and written communication skills,
· Strong research skills,
· High level of comfort using and learning new technology,
· Ability to speak Spanish or another language is highly desirable.
Salary: $57,100 D.O.E. Excellent working conditions plus generous benefits package.