Mission: Within the STM - Charters service division of Short's Travel Management, the Account Director, Charters is responsible for coordinating operations, customer service functions and client/vendor relationships that support ongoing charter travel needs for both championship and regular season travel. This position may work remotely.
- Using company tools and standards, oversees development of STM-Charters’ ACMI schedule with partner carriers.
- Working with the ACMI Logistics Team, implements and operationalizes STM Charters’ ACMI schedule with a focus on increased utilization and profitability among leased aircraft operations. Assists the Director of Operations and STM leadership during irregular operations as needed.
- Leverages industry knowledge and relationships to improve STM-Charters’ and Short’s Travel’s standing in the air carrier community. Works with STM-Charters' leadership and charter providers on dedicated fleet for each season—for both Championship and regular-season travel, with focus on safety, pricing, service and performance standards. Continues to seek out all possible opportunities for safe and effective suppliers in the charter market. Demonstrate creativity in strategy development.
- Demonstrates proficiency in learning and adopting the STM-Charters' ACMI pricing model for sales quoting on an as-needed basis.
- Assists Operations Manager and Charter Coordinator(s) with core functions and competencies as they relate to customer service, regardless of standard business hours as measured by customer satisfaction and successful issue resolution.
- Acts as the liaison between Short’s Travel, FBOs and other service providers. Keeps all parties fully informed of travel requirements as measured by accuracy of details and responsibilities between parties.
- Negotiates with commercial air carriers on annual contracts, amenities and concessions best fitting travel needs.
- Demonstrates mindfulness of the relationships maintained by the ACMI Logistics Teams, research and meet with FBOs prior to large incoming events to select those that can provide top notch services and all details are arranged and coordinated appropriately.
- Possesses a strong work ethic with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility of multiple tasks, as required.
- Liaises with IT staff on process and portal improvements for greater efficiency for internal staff, external suppliers and other membership.
- Travels as necessary to meet with charter suppliers and FBO’s regarding charter needs and services.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen, Excel skills and data analysis experience to drive decision making. Works with necessary partners to merge technology and data to enhance real time data.
- Positive Mindset/Agile
- Work Ethic/Ownership
- People-centric Leadership/Advisory
- Objective Listening
- Collaborative/Ability to inspire trust
- Critical, Strategic Thinking
- Continuous Improvement/Open to try
- Business acumen/Goal driven
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in aviation management required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working with commercial and/or charter air carriers required.
- Must have broad understanding of general business concepts and disciplines including finance/accounting, corporate card programs, etc.
- Experienced Microsoft Office skills specifically including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn the Short’s Travel portal system, charter bid process, database maintenance
- Ability to discuss, strategize and implement technology efficiently and effectively
- Experience working with IT to prioritize IT projects and development to enhance end user experience and/or data analysis
- Remote work sites must have dependable high-speed internet.
- Maintain the highest levels of honesty and integrity, without exception.
- Maintains the highest possible level of confidentiality on behalf of the company.
- Ability to analyze and report on critical data for decision making.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly polished presentation development and delivery skills.
- Ability to access and communicate opportunities for cost avoidance and revenue generation.
- Accessibility outside of normal work hours and on weekends while flights are operating.
- Self-starting leader with ability to focus on goals, relationship building, problem solving and mentorship of staff.
- Ability to travel 7-10 days at a time in support of regular and post-season major events if necessary.
Compensation & Available Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Time Off
Short’s Travel Management (STM) is a family-owned, women-owned, private corporation. We are sports travel experts specializing in team travel, recruiting travel, group hotels, bus charters and air charters servicing hundreds of athletic departments each year. We move more student athletes than any other travel management company. STM’s mission is to enhance the experience of getting there, being there, and coming home. When you win, we all win!
The STM team strives to drive innovation, provide excellent service, and display teamwork, passion and dedication throughout the lifetime of our relationships. STM works with clients to customize travel programs to create efficiencies and maximize the value of our products and services.
Short’s Travel Management is an EOE employer.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.