Join the PURIS team to lead the plant-based movement and ensure production of high quality, USA made plant proteins! This is a unique time and opportunity to join the Harrold team throughout the expansion and growth of the manufacturing processes, implement state of the art engineering and execute new initiatives that will drive and support the PURIS Vision of a Plant Strong Planet.
PURIS offers competitive wages, fully paid life and disability insurance, along with affordable medical, dental and vision insurance upon qualification. We also offer a generous PTO package and 401k with company match. As a family owned and operated business we aim to take care of our employees health, wellness and financial goals. SAFE PEOPLE, SAFE FOOD.
The Maintenance Mechanic position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electronic equipment. All while maintaining production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. The Maintenance Mechanic understands and executes safe working practices including the usage of proper PPE.
The Maintenance Mechanic must embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Observes all OSHA and facility safety rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Follows all established Good Manufacturing Practices; including an orderly and clean work area.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, welding, cutting, soldering, pipe fitting, insulating, carpentry, installing, repair of production machines and repair building issues.
- Position may require regular standing, reaching, bending and continuous motion.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Discuss work orders, equipment malfunctions and job task coordination with co-workers.
- Reports all downtime
- Assess whether designs meet technical specifications, performance requirements and regulations.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Ability to utilize powered industrial equipment; to include forklifts, boom lifts and scissor lifts.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Capabilities:
- High School diploma or GED required. Technical School graduate preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- A high degree of judgment is required for this position
- Knowledge of power and hand tools
- 7+ years of manufacturing experience preferred; strong pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with PLC experience is a plus
- Experience with grain handling / processing equipment
- Experience with maintenance type welding activities and air compressors
- Experience with rigging equipment to pick and place machinery and parts, fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach and align motors, connect coupling and belts
- Experience performing predictive and operation maintenance using laser alignment tooling, service and repair hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Must have general mechanical knowledge and electrical knowledge
- Software and PLC experience is helpful
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with all employee levels at the plant as mechanics may perform training for newly acquired equipment
PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients here in the USA. These ingredients form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
Check out our website at www.puris.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing an interview, background check and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.