The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse will possess a strong background in mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients across the lifespan. You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive psychiatric care to our patients. Foster a culture of client and family centered care, service, quality and safety excellence, to best exemplify a positive client experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct thorough psychiatric assessments, including patient history, mental status examination, and risk assessment.
- Orders lab work and monitors client’s vital signs.
- Diagnose and formulate treatment plans for patients with various mental health disorders, including but not limited to depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and substance use disorders.
- Prescribe and manage appropriate psychotropic medications, monitor medication effectiveness, and adjust dosages as needed.
- Coordinate Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies when needed.
- Collaborate with a team of other internal healthcare professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists, outpatient behavioral health providers, case managers, nursing team, and peer support specialists to develop and implement holistic treatment plans.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals external to the organization in the best interest of client care.
- Educate patients and their families about mental health conditions, treatment options, potential side effects of medications, and coping strategies.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records, ensuring compliance with legal and ethical standards of care in accordance with organizational standards.
- Assess and complete appropriate requests for additional documentation/paperwork from clients and referral sources, i.e. letters, Med 9’s etc.
- Stay current with developments in psychiatric and mental health research, treatment modalities, and pharmacology.
- Participate in case conferences, team meetings, and quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient care outcomes.
- Adhere to relevant legal and ethical standards, including patient confidentiality, informed consent, and professional boundaries.
- Provide crisis intervention and support to patients experiencing acute mental health crises.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive work environment that fosters collaboration and open communication
- Work in a consistently professional manner at all times, which includes, but is not limited to, treating all clients, staff, guests, and volunteers with dignity and respect.
- Implement emergency procedures as necessary.
- Arrives at work or at assigned locations punctually and attends work with minimal absences.
- Advises Managers remotely, and in person as necessary.
- Accurately records time worked for purposes of compensation.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- BSN Required
- Master’s degree in nursing preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Nurse Practitioner Licensed in Colorado; or
- Registered as an Advanced Practice Nurse in Colorado
- MUST have prescriptive authority in Colorado in good standing.
Minimum two (2) years of experience in in relevant clinical setting with understanding of psychiatric services in the area of health and psychological assessment, clinical diagnosis, pharmacology, and direct consumer services.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
- Ability to interpret rules and regulations and understand client records.
- Prescriptive authority and DEA licensure for controlled substances
- Strong clinical assessment and diagnostic skills in the field of psychiatry.
- Proficiency in psychopharmacology and evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and sensitivity in working with diverse patient populations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks in a dynamic healthcare setting