PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and in collaboration with other Facilities Team members, provides set up for all parish activities and preserves and maintains the parish buildings, grounds and associated parish properties. Performs any other position-related tasks as deemed necessary and/or assigned by the Director of Plant Operations, Director of Pastoral Activities or the pastor. In absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, reports to the Director of Pastoral Activities or the Pastor, in that order.
- This position is Full Time from 2pm - 10pm five nights a week. Nights of the week will vary and may include weekend nights.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Completes all event/meeting set-ups according to room requests form and facility scheduling reports.
- Maintains filing system of all event requests, setup guides and work orders.
- Performs cleaning and janitorial tasks. Operates a variety of cleaning equipment to care for and maintain church and related facilities; sweeps and mops floors; dusts and polishes furniture, woodwork fixtures and equipment; washes windows and walls; vacuums carpets; empties and cleans waste receptacles; cleans and maintains supplies in restrooms; cleans and maintains appliances in kitchen and pantry.
- Completes all preventative maintenance work as scheduled by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintains church grounds and performs minor landscaping and irrigation duties as needed.
- Performs periodic HVAC maintenance and filter replacement.
- Performs lighting maintenance and replacement as needed.
- Responds to plant emergencies as requested; coordinates activities with other responders; coordinates the utilization of outside contractors with Maintenance Supervisor to complete repairs and ensure the safety of the community.
- Takes periodic inventory counts and maintains lists of supplies, equipment, parts and tools as requested by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintains lists of supplies, parts and materials to support efficient execution of scheduled janitorial, preventive maintenance and work orders.
- Provides AV needs for scheduled activities in absence of Audio Visual Technician.
- Provides assistance to other facilities staff in the use and application of the computerized energy management system.
- Follows and promotes continuous improvement of performance and of safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Keeps assigned telephone/radio charged and turned on for communication during entire shift.
- Assists staff members with special requests.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The above is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, technological developments, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must work well in a team environment with other facilities personnel. Must interact professionally with all staff members, parishioners and vendors maintaining a positive attitude, continually promoting a team approach to duties.
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical work inside and outdoors in all weather conditions. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools; drive a motor vehicle; operate a personnel lift; move and lift furniture, materials and equipment weighing up to 90 pounds and heavier weights with the use of proper equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in all forms of exchange including speaking, writing and reading to include telephone, two-way radio, and computer.
- Must work days, nights, weekends, holidays, emergency overtime and special events as required.
- Complete and maintain Diocesan Safe Environment Training as required by the Diocese.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License, a satisfactory driving record and own personal transportation.
- Employee is subject to Diocesan and parish personnel policies prescribed for all personnel.
- Two years of maintenance/custodial experience preferred.
$18 an hour