Are you passionate about precision engineering and have a keen eye for detail? Are you experienced in the fields of machining and foundry operations, and always eager to improve manufacturing processes? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Machining and Foundry Engineer!
As our Machining and Foundry Engineer, you will play a crucial role in our manufacturing team, ensuring the efficient and effective production of high-quality metal components. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire process, from designing and developing machining strategies to implementing foundry processes and continuous improvement initiatives. Responsibilities:
Machining Process Development:
- Design and develop machining strategies for the production of metal components, including selection of appropriate tools, cutting parameters, and fixturing techniques.
- Collaborate with design and R&D teams to optimize component designs for manufacturability and cost-effectiveness.
- Program and set up CNC machines, ensuring precision and accuracy in machining operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to machining processes to maintain smooth production flow.
- Responsible for machine and foundry quoting
- Oversee foundry operations, including melting, casting, and molding processes.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and proper handling of molten metal and foundry equipment.
- Monitor casting parameters and adjust processes to achieve desired component characteristics.
- Collaborate with metallurgical experts to improve alloy selection and enhance material properties.
Quality Control and Inspection:
- Implement rigorous quality control measures throughout the manufacturing process.
- Conduct inspections of machined and cast components to verify compliance with specifications.
- Identify and rectify defects or non-conformities in a timely manner to maintain product integrity.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement and cost reduction in both machining and foundry operations.
- Lead or participate in Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement initiatives.
- Implement automation and technology advancements to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including design, production, and maintenance, to streamline operations and achieve organizational goals.
- Mentor and train junior engineers and technicians to enhance their skills and knowledge in machining and foundry practices.
- Proven experience 7 or more years in machining and foundry operations within a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM software and programming CNC machines.
- Strong knowledge of metal materials and their behavior during machining and casting processes.
- Familiarity with quality control methods, inspection techniques, and metrology tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to continuous improvement.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.