*** Candidate Must Reside in the State of California to be Considered ***
We are seeking a passionate and motivated Fund Development Associate to join our dedicated team. The Fund Development Associate will play a crucial role in supporting PIQE’s fundraising efforts, helping secure the necessary resources to achieve our mission. This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy.
The Fund Development Associate will be an integral team member who will help advance PIQE’s mission and implementation of priorities of the Strategic Plan.
This position is remote, with some travel involved, as needed.
The corporate office is based in San Diego with many partnerships in Los Angeles, Inland Empire, Central Valley and Bay Area.
· Participates as an active member of the Fund Development Team.
· Assists in maintaining an internal calendar for grant proposals, reports, and letters of intent, thank you letters; ensures opportunities are identified and scheduled per submission and reporting deadlines.
· Support the Director of Development and PIQE’s cultivation of existing and prospective donors. This may include scheduling meetings, phone conversations and written correspondence. Prepare solicitation presentations as needed. Steward post-gift relationships.
· Assists in coordinating grant planning meetings among CEO, COO, Vice Presidents, Director of Development, Grant Writers, and Executive Directors to determine funding priorities.
· Prepares reports for funders and tracks program implementation and results. Works with PIQE Operations to creates reports per reporting guidelines and specific required formats.
· Extracts, analyzes and reports on evaluation data from online database systems for reporting purposes.
· Provides support for the identification and pursuit of new funding opportunities to advance program priorities.
· Assists in the organization's overall grant development and fundraising efforts by helping to evaluate and develop further processes, procedures, and systems.
· Assists in research and generates leads, including federal, state, local, and private grant funding opportunities, and prepares accurate assessments and reports on foundations and corporation's funding guidelines.
· Ensures the maintenance of all funding records and maintains all constituent records.
· Manages, updates, and maintains fundraising database
· Ensures the integrity of the fundraising database through (a) development and oversight of data entry protocols; (b) building and running unique queries, exports, analysis reports, and targeted appeal lists; and (c) conducting timely data entry and reporting.
· Designs and implements database queries in response to requests for information providing timely and accurate records, reports, and lists.
· Provides reports on gifts, pledges, progress toward fundraising goals, and other financial data either through regularly scheduled updates or upon request.
· Prepares mailing lists from the database and merges letters for annual reports and other mailers.
· Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college/university; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communications, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Experience with government grants preferred.
· Excellent writing skills, research, and presentation skills
· • CRM data management experience
· Prospect research experience
· • Microsoft Suite
· • Experience working with nonprofits
· • Experience working with high-level executives and board members
· • Experience working with diverse communities
· Serve as a public representative of the organization, building awareness of and investment in the PIQE’s work.