Reports to: Center Administrator
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Center Administrator, will provide a wide range of support to the Center Administrator and Operations Manager to support the organization and functions of the ADHC. Responsible for coordinating and scheduling meetings, preparing materials, prepares correspondence and reports, memos/letters, general office management and other administrative duties. Assists with organization and monitoring of center operations to ensure regulatory compliance and optimal Participant outcomes.
- Demonstrates and reflects a commitment to the mission and core values of LIFE Pittsburgh to support the elderly in maintaining their dignity and independence in the community.
- Complies with organizational processes such as, petty cash, payroll, staff expirations, PTO & budget tracking, Participant information management and other processes as identified by individual managers.
- Coordinates meeting and ensures all needed materials are available for the center staff. Organizes and coordination center resources (rooms, equipment, etc). Responsible for the composition and distribution of letters, memo’s and emails as directed.
- Provides general administrative support including typing, organizing and filing to Center Administrator, Operations Manager and others as directed. Manages, oversees and coordinates the inventory and ordering of office supply while staying within budgetary guidelines. Compiles information for multiple reports (safety zones, KPI, service log requests, etc).
- Manages incoming and outgoing calls in an organized manner and directs calls to the appropriate recipient in a professional and effective manner. Responsible for incoming mail, opening/sorting while maintaining confidentiality.
- Assists with organization and monitoring of the operational calendar to ensure all necessary (urgent/routine, internal/ external) appointments are scheduled. Routinely completes the scheduling and organization of the Care Plan Calendar to assist with the organization of the Interdisciplinary Team
- Assists with vendor correspondence when indicated, under the direction of the Center Administrator and/or Operations Manager, to ensure necessary repairs, maintenance and inspections are completed in a timely fashion.
- Assists homecare and scheduling department with clerical functions and updates and directed by the center administrator. Assistants with On-call schedules, PT/OT transfer sheets for the center
- Collect and organizes various internal and external required Participant and program related reports, such as monthly safety or environmental reports.
- Responsible for accurately summarizing and recording the discussions and decisions which occur during the IDT morning meetings, maintains daily transcriptions as directed. Manages teams and meeting room calendars, keeps rooms organized with needed materials.
- Provides services promptly, exercises tact, patience and courtesy at all times and conducts themselves in a professional manner with Participants, families, co-workers and any external contacts. As a representative of LIFE Pittsburgh, promotes goodwill and confidence in our Participants, staff, vendors, visitors and the general public.
- Proactively maintains requirements for the position (e.g., access of a vehicle, valid driver’s license and auto insurance, annual TB, bi-annual physical, etc) and maintains compliance with educational requirements (e.g., Fire Safety, Infection Control, Annual Training, Safe Mobility).
- Works within the LIFE Pittsburgh Adult Day Health Centers (ADHC), or occasional travel between centers for other related functions.
Physical Demands Required:
- Driving, Lifting less than 50 lbs (with assistance or supportive equipment), Carrying less than 50 lbs, Push/Pull less than 50 lbs, Climbing Ladders/Stairs, Bending at Waist, Fine Finger Manipulation (using computer keyboard – typing)– Seldom Activity 0-10%
- Lifting greater than 50 lbs, Carrying greater than 50 lbs, Push/Pull greater than 50 lbs, Crouching/Kneeling, Reaching – Occasional Activity 11-33%
- Standing, Walking, Repetitive Motion, Manual Dexterity – Frequent Activity 34-66%
- Sitting, Talking, Hearing, Seeing – Consistent Activity 67-100%
Knowledge /Skills / Abilities
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Must have a good working knowledge and demonstrated skills of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. Proficient with typing, excel, word, power point
- Work requires attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to manage a multi-line phone system
- Must have a strong understanding of prioritization and timelines to ensure participant and center needs are met without delay.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate organizational demands
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a fast paced, multi-tasking administrative role
The position description is intended to describe the essential functions of the position and the general duties and responsibilities associated with the position. It is not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve overtime and; therefore, the description may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time. Staff may be asked to perform essential and non-essential functions at any time with or without notice.