Northwest Classical Academy seeks a full-time Paraprofessional. The Elementary School Paraprofessional supports teachers in meeting the educational, behavioral, and social-emotional needs of students with disabilities in the classroom and community. They are expected to demonstrate high moral character and work collaboratively to create a working and learning environment for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides small group and/or individualized instruction to students with disabilities in accordance with the supervising teachers' lesson plans.
- Collects instructional and behavioral data for all objectives being taught for each student.
- Implements Behavior Intervention Plans for students with disabilities.
- Assists students as necessary with physical needs, including mobility.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Associate's Degree OR
- High School Diploma/GED with passing score on the GACE Paraprofessional Assessment Test required
- Two to three years experience working as a paraprofessional with children with disabilities, or comparable experience required
- Valid Georgia Paraprofessional Certificate preferred
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, humility, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a public charter school located in Kennesaw for grades K-9 for the 2023-2024 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school. Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site.