First MainStreet Insurance JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Account Manager DATE: March 2021
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations LOCATION: Indianola
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt EEO CLASSIFICATION: Professionals
The Account Manager’s job is to perform duties and maintain quality service to our risk management accounts – it will require working with clients, insurance companies, and producer(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately manage client accounts and ensure all deadlines are met
- Assist producer in marketing and placing new business and/or renewal business
- Prepare renewals of insurance
- Communicate and partner with insurance companies to ensure we are meeting on the client expectations
- Seek opportunities and take steps to increase knowledge of industry, regulatory requirements, tools and resources available to assist clients
- Collect and report information from client to ensure we are assisting in minimizing exposures
- Communicate with clients and answer questions regarding their policies and/or services provided by FMSI
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with clients, both internal and external
- Maintain confidentiality of client and company information
- Perform other duties as assigned appropriate to the position
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required
- College level business courses preferred
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the insurance industry required
- P&C Insurance licenses required or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment; will maintain annually
- Proficient or able to quickly learn and utilize Microsoft Office and other applications to maximize efficiency and function in a paper free environment.
- Customer service experience or support, preferably in insurance industry
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work load
- Extremely accurate and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of insurance terms and documents
- Ability to analyze and interpret insurance data
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Understand and maintain fiduciary responsibility for company, client, and producer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and to listen for instructions and information. The employee is also required to sit for long periods of time often in front of a computer monitor and operate a computer keyboard. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Summary: This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The essential job functions outlined are primary duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.