About the Organization
National Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs). Formed in 1988, NCA has been providing support, technical assistance, and quality assurance for CACs, while serving as a voice for abused children for more than 30 years.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
National Children’s Alliance (NCA) is committed to a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within our staff, board, and Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) movement. A diverse, equitable, and inclusive movement is critical not only to achieve a just and welcoming work environment for our workforce and partners: it also impossible to effectively serve children and families across this country without a movement of agencies and professionals that reflect them and understand their needs.
As the national association and accrediting body for CACs, NCA is committed to achieving universal access to CAC services for children in every community in America and is uniquely positioned to ensure CACs both have the resources they need to truly serve America’s diverse population and also that their accreditation with us requires that they do so equitably and inclusively.
The Program Associate, Grants Management is responsible for administering and overseeing the assigned grant portfolio and provides full scope of programmatic and fiscal assistance to the NCA subawardees. The position works cooperatively with the staff in the Grants Management Department, as well as other NCA personnel and will report to a Senior Program Associate, Grants Management.
- Manages a grant portfolio and executes excellent oversight on the qualitative/programmatic and fiscal management of the grants. Consistently shows excellent outcomes of any internal, independent external and DOJ audits.
- Builds successful relationships with grantees through providing in-depth grants consultations.
- Supports the Grants Management department leadership team in the ongoing projects and specific tasks as assigned.
- Attend required and recommended professional training to support professional and technical development to excel at performing duties.
- Responsible for assisting Children’s Advocacy Centers and Chapters in the grant application process.
- Provides logistical support for the grant review and award process
- Serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences, and perspectives of internal and external colleagues.
- Provide quality customer service to internal team, NCA members and external partners.
- Work within the team and among teams to ensure that decisions are made to further the organization’s goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelors Degree
- Must have experience in managing and reconciling grant portfolios and providing technical assistance.
- Must have knowledge of federal grant regulations.
- Project management experience, including organization, delivery, evaluation and reporting.
- Knowledge of the Child Advocacy Center/Multi-Disciplinary Team model helpful
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be comfortable collaborating with a range of professionals. Must be organized, detail oriented, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy and passion for National Children’s Alliance’s mission is essential.
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility in shifting priorities based on changing work needs.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team and work independently.
- Proficiency in using Blackbaud Grantmaking preferred.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft products, particularly SharePoint and Excel.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- This work is primarily sedentary.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds.
- This is a remote position, and some travel is required.
- Covid-19 Vaccination required. Reasonable medical or religious accommodations considered