THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN FARMINGTON HILLS, MICHIGAN.
· Provide administrative support to the legal team, including scheduling meetings, managing calendars, and answering phone calls.
· Maintain and organize legal files, ensuring they are up to date and easily accessible.
· Prepare and file legal documents.
· Conduct legal research and analysis on various topics as required.
· Correspond with others on behalf of the legal team and the company.
· Monitor and track deadlines and other important dates.
· Assist in drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts.
· Maintain confidentiality and adhere to ethical standards.
· Bachelor's degree in law or related field and/or a paralegal certificate.
· Minimum 2 years proven experience as a legal assistant or relevant administrative role with a law firm or legal department.
· Strong knowledge of legal terminology and procedures.
· Proficient in MS Office and legal research databases.
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy and able to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests.
· Be self-driven with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to ethical standards.
· Exposure to the financial services industry, consumer finance laws and related issues is a plus.