THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN FARMINGTON HILLS, MICHIGAN AND FOLLOWS OUR HYBRID/IN-PERSON SCHEDULE.
Are you an experienced and talented Mid-Level Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) looking for an exciting opportunity to shape the quality of our software products? Open Dealer Exchange has a direct hire opportunity for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our team. You will be at the forefront of designing, developing, and executing test plans to ensure improved quality and speed of our testing process. As a member of our engineering team, you'll enhance code testability, identify and rectify bugs early in development, and play a pivotal role in our pursuit to transform the Automotive Finance & Insurance workflow.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
· 1-2 years of hands-on experience in software testing.
· Familiarity with test automation frameworks (e.g., Playwright, Selenium, JUnit, NUnit or TestNG).
· Exposure to software development methodologies (e.g., Agile or Waterfall).
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
· Experience with API testing and automation using Postman or similar tooling.
· Test case maintenance and authorship with reporting.
· Time Management: Efficient task prioritization and timely completion.
· Communication: Clear, collaborative, and effective team communication.
· Problem Solving: Proactive, logical, and creatively collaborative problem-solving.
· Business/Product Expertise: Develop foundational business and product knowledge.
· Adaptability: Agile learning and quick adaptation to new methodologies.
· Tech Knowledge: Strong grasp of tech concepts and continuous learning.
· Experience with test planning/execution: accurate, objective-oriented test planning and execution.