Monroe Capital is seeking an Associate/ AVP/VP to join its Originations Group in Chicago, IL. This group is responsible for originating new investment/lending opportunities for the firm. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for lead generation via a direct calling effort as well as through other business development activities. This individual will be focused on uncovering proprietary opportunities across all industry verticals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Identify new investment opportunities primarily through a direct calling effort to middle-market company executives
- Work with VP and/or Managing Director to evaluate new investment opportunities
- Will require occasionally attending local networking events and some travel (less than 10%) as part of business development activities
- Assist in creation of new content for marketing initiatives (white papers, case studies, email campaigns, etc.)
BA/BS degree required with concentration in Business or Finance preferred
- Proven ability to sell over the phone and develop strong client relationships. Demonstrated success in gaining?access to C-Level Executives?a plus
- Prior work experience in wealth management, corporate finance, commercial banking, private equity, and/or investment banking
- General understanding of capital markets and debt products
- A self-starter comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus/Commission + Benefits
About Monroe Capital:
Monroe Capital LLC (“Monroe”) is a premier boutique asset management firm specializing in private credit markets across various strategies, including direct lending, asset-based lending, specialty finance, opportunistic and structured credit, and equity. Since 2004, the firm has been successfully providing capital solutions to clients in the U.S. and Canada. Monroe prides itself on being a value-added and user-friendly partner to business owners, management, and both private equity and independent sponsors. Monroe’s platform offers a wide variety of investment products for both institutional and high net worth investors with a focus on generating high quality “alpha” returns irrespective of business or economic cycles. The firm is headquartered in Chicago and maintains offices in Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, Naples, New York, San Francisco, and Seoul.
Monroe has been recognized by both its peers and investors with various awards including Private Debt Investor as the 2022 Lower Mid-Market Lender of the Year, 2022 CLO Manager of the Year, Americas; Global M&A Network as the 2022 Small Mid-Markets Lender of the Year, Americas; Creditflux as the 2021 Best U.S. Direct Lending Fund; and Pension Bridge as the 2020 Private Credit Strategy of the Year. For more information and important disclaimers, please visit www.monroecap.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.