About Block Imaging:
With the recent news of Siemens Healthineers and CommonSpirit Health joining together in a unique partnership to acquire Block Imaging, begins the search for talented Field Service Engineers to join the Block Imaging Family. If you are a Field Service Engineer looking for a new role, we hope to provide you with something new, something better than what you have . . .
- a long-term partnership where your engagement and hard work is seen and appreciated,
- a great opportunity to provide excellent care and customer service,
- a place where we strive to provide a healthy balance between work and life.
General Job Description:
Responsible for providing the best quality technical field support and service to our medical imaging customers through servicing, installing, inspecting, testing and technical troubleshooting for medical imaging equipment (X-Ray, CT/MR) primarily supporting Olathe Health sites.
- Primarily service medical imaging equipment (X-ray, CT/MR) focused within Olathe Health.
- Additionally service medical imaging equipment for parts and service accounts for local area/region as needed.
- To assure that imaging systems are fully calibrated and functioning to OEM performance levels.
- To assure the needs of customers are being met and the system is operating based upon their needs.
- To move the company forward in engineering competency.
- To represent the company in a manner that shows the user, confidence, knowledge, and courtesy.
- Evaluate the equipment, trouble shoot and complete PMs, installations and all related tasks to independently diagnose and resolve electronic, mechanical, and network problems on medical equipment.
- Calibrate and troubleshoot for computer systems on the equipment according to OEM specifications.
- Continual expansion of knowledge base in the repair and installation of equipment.
- Provide advanced-level diagnosis and repair of imaging systems.
- Support management through project feedback and communication of issues and opportunities.
- Be available to handle technical issues and questions.
- Document processes created and educate end users.
- Provide feedback to the office from on-site locations and provide a positive presentation of the company to the individuals on-site.
- This position will involve up to 50 percent travel; flexibility to travel when needed is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to set and meet goals, meet deadlines, and organize work to be completed in a timely manner.
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to solve problems using initiative and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and ensure timelines are met.
- Capable of building positive working relationships with team members, customers and vendors.
- Ability to be flexible and resolve situations with confidence and mature leadership.
- Solution-oriented professional who treats others with dignity and respect.
- Team player who will foster communication among teams and share success.
- Hold self to a high standard while ensuring projects are completed on time.
- Experience in delivering and demanding a high level of customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including listening.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, keyboarding, and internet research.
Exhibit the Block Core Values of Growth, Integrity, Together, and Honor. Make choices that contribute to the development and reinforcement of the core values.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Improving efficiency of installations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of compliance with safety procedures and regulations.
- Review of the data base for current and accurate data.
- Assess the technical knowledge and ability to maintain and install equipment.
- Feedback from management, co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Review of Performance Evaluation.
- Other key performance metrics.
Education: B.S. degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Required Experience: 3-7 years’ experience in medical imaging engineering or equivalent.
Desired Experience: Intermediate to advanced experience with GE/Phillips and/or Siemens X-Ray / MR / CT installation, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance; and/or Intermediate to advanced experience with General X-ray, OEC or Fuji X-Ray installation, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance