About Us: Skybound Entertainment is a dynamic and innovative global entertainment company that is dedicated to creating cool sh*t. We take pride in our commitment to excellence and creativity across comic books, video games, film/television, audio/digital, tabletop games, merchandise, and more, and we are seeking a talented Copywriter to join our team. With over 150+ IP to our name, we’re looking for someone who can help establish a cohesive Skybound brand voice, as well as develop and maintain voice and tone for both our most popular IP (like The Walking Dead, Invincible), Impact Winter and up-and-coming individual IP.
If you have a sense of humor, wit, attention to topical content, a passion for crafting compelling and persuasive written content, and want to contribute to a business that enjoys breaking therules, we'd love to hear from you.
Position Overview: As Copywriter at Skybound Entertainment, you will play a crucial role in shaping our brand's voice for everything from gruesome horror to long-established family brands and be responsible for effectively communicating our messages to multiple audiences across dozens of channels. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to create engaging, informative, and persuasive copy across various platforms, including e-commerce, web content, marketing materials, social media, email campaigns, SMS, and more. Your ability to write clear, concise, and compelling copy will be essential in helping us achieve our business objectives.
Reports: This position will report to the Senior Creative Director, Design
- Content Creation: Write, edit, and proofread high-quality copy for a wide range of marketing and communication including emails, blog posts, social media, advertising, marketing campaigns, presentations, and more.
- Web Content & E-commerce: Create and update website content to optimize user experience and SEO, including product descriptions, blog posts, landing pages, and more.
- Brand Voice: Maintain and evolve the company's brand voice, tone, and style across all written communication channels to ensure consistency and authenticity.
- Research: Conduct research on entertainment industry trends, competitors, and target audience preferences to inform content strategy and messaging.
- Collaboration: Work closely with public relations, social, brand, CRM, and creative services to brainstorm ideas, provide input on visual elements, and ensure a cohesive and effective content strategy.
- Editing and Proofreading: Review and edit content created by other team members to ensure accuracy, grammar, and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Copywriter or similar role, with a strong portfolio showcasing diverse writing samples.
- Experience in and passion for entertainment, video games, comic books, film/television, and/ or consumer products a plus.
- Ability to be nimble and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Understanding of SEO principles and best practices.
- Creative thinker with the ability to generate unique and compelling ideas.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and content management systems (e.g., WordPress).
- Knowledge of digital marketing trends and strategies is a plus.
- Remote-first company with the ability to WFH, and the option to go into two office locations in Los Angeles (Beverly Hills and North Hollywood). Occasional office visits needed.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.