SUMMARY: Assists in planning and coordinating special events at all Silver Oak and Twomey properties. Responsible for coordinating all rental and equipment needed in order for all events to run smoothly. Establish a welcoming environment and memorable experience for our guests.
Execution of Events:
On-Site Manager on Duty for Events, including closing/locking procedure duties for after-hours events.
- Tasks for executing events include confirming final menu detail with Chefs and printing menus, setting tables, screening wines, serving food and wine to guests, anticipating, and communicating with the end client throughout the event.
- Create event schematics, service maps, dietary spreadsheets.
- Ensure that all staff are performing at the highest standards established.
- Execute sales through POS system.
- Maintain a professional image while providing fine dining service for guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate event details with external clients as assigned. Communicate and finalize details leading up to the event.
- Maintain and synchronize calendars in Reserve, Outlook, and Tock.
- Place and maintain updates for rental orders applying to large events. Schedule and communicate delivery and pick up times.
- Choose specialty linens in accordance with Silver Oak décor standards, and place/update linen orders.
- Place floral orders providing specific event details to assure coordinated design, delivery, and re-use where possible.
- Work closely and maintain relationships and finalize details with caterers, janitorial and other vendors for large events. i.e., Release Day/catered events.
- Create and maintain Dietary Restriction spreadsheets for individual events and communicate information to the chefs.
- Communicate company updates to Variable Hour staff.
- Assist with special events projects-printing, mailing, signage for events.
- Cover phones for Reservations Team as requested.
- Other administrative tasks as requested.
- Maintain all supplies and equipment for the FOH.
- Arrange for repair service for any broken or malfunctioning FOH equipment.
- Maintain ongoing inventory of supplies and equipment – wine, stemware, flatware, candles, tables, chairs etc.
- Place wine orders and load/organize upon delivery.
- Assure the Event Chai and surrounding event space is clean, safe and always maintains the highest level of appearance.
- Five years’ experience in a high-volume special events operation, preferably in a 4- or 5-star environment. At least 1 year of experience being the lead server and/or special event coordinator.
- Knowledge of proper service standards, catering, food service and table settings required.
- Knowledge and experience of luxury wine, and elevated level of food standards. Basic understanding of elegant décor and presentation preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office applications, TOCK and Reserve Software.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be organized, with exemplary attention to detail.
- Must have an unwavering commitment to quality.
- Ability to make decisions that are best for the organization.
- Ability to interact positively with diverse individuals.
- Ability to effectively serve as lead for other servers and event staff.
- Ability to always provide an elevated level of customer service.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Stand for 6-8 hours.
- Lift and carry a case of wine (approximately 41 lbs.).
- Repeatedly lift and carry furniture and equipment (up to 50 lbs.).
- Sit and operate a computer for 2-3 hours at a time.
- Events/Dining area can be loud at times.
- Will enter kitchen which can be hot and slippery.
- Interaction with guests.
- Ability to work in an open work environment with regular distraction.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.