Director of Data, Evaluation & Strategy
The Director of Data, Evaluation & Strategy supports the strategic goals, priorities, and initiatives of the Knox Education Foundation (KEF). As a responsive community organization, KEF employs data driven research, collaborative insight, and innovative approaches to identify solutions to the challenges facing Knox County’s educational system. The Foundation’s unique role is vital in being a catalyst for driving positive change for students, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances. KEF leverages resources and investments as a thought leader, serving as proof of concept for policy consideration and the replication of effective strategies and programs to improve student outcomes. The Director of Data, Evaluation & Strategy will work in collaboration with Knox County Schools (KCS), key stakeholders and experts, to conduct targeted research to advance KEF priorities and school improvement initiatives. The position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, but also has a close working relationship with the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, design, manage, and support systems and processes for KEF’s data collection efforts;
- Ensure KEF is accurately, effectively and efficiently acquiring and collecting outcome data from various sources to provide updates on progress toward organizational metrics;
- Interpret data, analyze results and outcomes to create a system of ongoing research and evaluation;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication with the KCS Department of Research, Evaluation and Assessment, as well as local government, universities and funding partners to effectively collaborate and execute strategies and projects;
- Build data warehouses to efficiently collect, pull and prepare data for use in developing impact reports, innovative metrics and interactive dashboards;
- Develop data dashboards, reports and analysis that demonstrate KEF’s data-driven continuous improvement approach to addressing the challenges facing public education;
- Track and analyze state and local data relevant to KEF priorities and initiatives in an effort to monitor progress, identify areas of need and to provide transparency;
- Assist with special projects and KEF funded initiatives by conducting research, collecting and analyzing data, drafting reports, and preparing presentations for internal and external stakeholders;
- Research best practices and innovative solutions nationwide that impact improving academic outcomes and provide reports to KEF leadership team for consideration;
- Collaborate with KEF leadership on the development, distribution, and communication of public facing collateral and materials;
- Lead or participate in ad-hoc cross-functional task forces as necessary.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- A passion for public schools and a commitment to public education;
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning;
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in data analytics, research and evaluation;
- Experience using data analytics tools management systems such as Excel, Tableau and Salesforce;
- Strong analytical, planning and project management skills,
- Strong presentation and communication skills and the ability to communicate technical data to various stakeholders and share analysis in an understood format;
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of KEF;
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision;
- Detail oriented with an excellent work ethic and strong organizational skills;
- A proven ability to work cooperatively with individuals from various backgrounds;
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Job Type: Full Time – 40 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience and other qualifications; starting at $75,000
- Job Location: Knoxville, TN
- Benefits: Medical, Dental and 401K Retirement plan and match; Sick, competitive PTO plan
- The Knox Education Foundation is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, disability, or veteran status.