About the Company:
The Family of Silver Oak is a wine company dedicated to creating joyful, meaningful, and memorable moments for our customers. Silver Oak began over a handshake between two friends with a bold vision: to focus on one varietal of wine, Cabernet Sauvignon, aged exclusively in American oak and worthy of cellaring for decades to come. Founded in 1972 by Ray Twomey Duncan and Justin Meyer, today, Silver Oak has become a Family of brands which include: Silver Oak, Twomey, OVID and Timeless.
“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety, and a sense of curiosity.
We are focused on sustainability efforts and taking care of our employees. We have received recognition for having the best benefits in the industry, which includes a very rich medical plan, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, EAP, Flexible Spending Accounts and a generous 401(k) plan. We also have paid time off programs, including vacation, sick, a Day to Volunteer and sabbaticals. We have fun at work through our wellness challenges, social gatherings, and company trips.
About the Opportunity:
The Payroll Specialist/HR Admin will be joining a dynamic, high performing HR team and will be able to grow in all areas of HR. We are looking for someone that has strong prior payroll experience but is also interested in learning and performing a variety of HR tasks. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be detail oriented and organized, be able to effectively juggle tasks, and enjoy helping employees with their questions.
This position will be located on-site at our Alexander Valley (Healdsburg, CA) location. This position is regular full time, hourly, non-exempt and reports to VP of HR.
Salary Range: $28.61-$35.82/hour. This position is eligible for the company’s benefits and bonus program.
Under general supervision will process payroll for multiple company entities. Will also provide administrative support to the HR Department with employee files, HRIS, and other projects.
- Responsible for the payroll of multiple company entities (processes weekly, bi-weekly, and semi-monthly payrolls). Ensures accuracy of payroll runs.
- Provides information needed to accounting department for payroll General Ledger entry.
- Ensures accuracy and timely processing of all payroll tax filings (through HRIS/Payroll vendor), W-2s, and ACA Tax Forms.
- Ensures accuracy of electronic feeds for 401k salary deferrals to 401k recordkeeper, following each payroll processing.
- Resolves employee’s questions about their paycheck.
- Provide training for managers and employees on payroll processing and navigation through the HRIS system.
- Takes the lead from the HR department on assisting with preparation for annual payroll and other audits (worker’s compensation, 401k).
- Responds to all employment verification requests, wage garnishments and EDD claims.
Human Resource Support
- Manages all HR records, including personnel, benefit, payroll and other employment files, I-9 forms, job descriptions, org chart, etc., in accordance with all legal requirements and company policies and procedures. Ensures most recent org chart is posted on company intranet.
- Assists employees with payroll questions, routing requests to other team members as applicable.
- Manage all records for retention and destruction based on legally required time constraints.
- Orders and maintains supplies, including legally required pamphlets and postings.
- Ensure all required legal postings on company bulletin boards are current and compliant.
- May support HR Team with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a payroll system and payroll processing in CA. Experience with Paylocity preferred.
- Experience with Ag Code and/or Agricultural entity payroll a plus. Experience with payrolls involving bonus, commissions, tips, a plus.
- Multi-entity payroll experience highly desired.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desired.
- Working knowledge of wage and hour, payroll taxes and employment laws.
- Acute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow with flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to deal with conflict.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Clean CA DMV record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Perform repetitive motion activities.
- Occasionally drive to multiple locations to conduct new hire paperwork and attend meetings/educational courses.
- COVID-19 considerations: Silver Oak & Twomey Cellars has a mandatory vaccination policy, which requires all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a medical or religious exemption approved by the company.
- Busy and distractive open office atmosphere.
- May be subject to the noises, cold, and odors of a functioning winery and/or warehouse.