KLC Financial is seeking a driven, growth-minded accounting professional to join our team. This individual will work under the guidance and direction of the Accounting Manager to help KLC accomplish its company goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager to develop an AR team.
- Manage, coach and mentor the AR team, fostering a positive and productive work environment.
- Assist with month-end close process.
- Overseeing the AR team in the cash application process to ensure cash is applied to customers’ accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and approve daily ACH pulls and payments.
- Ensure that all payments are correctly applied, and any discrepancies are investigated and resolved promptly.
- Assist with providing documentation to support the cash receipt flow for annual audits.
- Complete monthly bank accounts reconciliations.
- Supply Ad Hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience within the banking or financial services industry is preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks (preferred)
- High organized and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in maintaining a professional environment.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
Essential Mental & Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 15 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division any “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Company and its subsidiaries is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe in attracting, retaining, and promoting quality talent and recognize that our diversity is critical to the success of the company.