The Director of Sales leads and manages the Gas South District Convention Center sales efforts, including supervising the sales staff. Oversees the sales budget, creates short-term and long-term sales strategies, enhances revenue development, as well as collaborating with Gas South District's Marketing Team on implementation and promotion of Gas South District Convention Center.
Consensus builder // Strategic Thinker // Strong Communicator// Relationship Oriented // Business Acumen // Pro-Active // Resourceful // Team Leader.
- Demonstrated capabilities and desire to create a positive, friendly, and team-oriented sales culture.
- Desire to create and achieve measurable, established goals and results.
- Excellent written, verbal, and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and handle stressful situations.
- Dynamic, outgoing, and positive personality.
- Resourceful, motivated, and driven to elevate Gas South District’s profile and sales success.
- Ability to successfully balance the competing needs of the venue and clients.
- Create sales goals and objectives for sales team, incorporating budget/revenue projections, sales initiatives, and timelines.
- Supervise all employees in the Convention Center Sales Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; managing negotiation and contractual process, appraising performance; and creating a culture of growth and success.
- Research analyzes and monitor revenue, technological and demographic factors to ensure business opportunities are maximized and effects of competitive activity are minimized.
- Promote and market Gas South District to prospective clients and partners at tradeshows, conventions, and sales events.
- Develop creative and client-focused venue tours for prospective clients, enhancing Gas South District's profile through a superior tour experience.
- Actively develop new prospective clients, as well as enhance lead generation efforts through outside sales platforms, CVB partnership and regional partners.
- Establish expansive partner network including representatives of tourism-related industries, hotels, third party meeting planners and community leaders.
- Compile bid proposals, sales and revenue projection reports, client satisfaction studies and other relevant sales issues.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Assist in the preparation and design of sales brochures, pamphlets, advertisements, and other promotional materials.
- Actively participate with community and industry related associations to enhance Gas South District's local, regional, and national presence.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, colleagues, sponsors, and partners.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, marketing or related field is preferred. Minimum of five (5) years of progressive sales management with a convention center, conference center, full-service hotel property required. Past positions should include team management, CRM system experience; demonstrated sales success and experience with third party sales platforms (i.e., Cvent, Venue Ops, etc.).
- All candidates must be licensed/insured to operate a motor vehicle.
- Position may require extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Travel (local, regional, or national) may be required.