Itential is seeking a Product Support Engineer who will work second shift within our Customer Success team on our Product Service Desk to assist customers by responding to customer inquiries and resolving issues or complaints.
- Develop a deep understanding of an ever-changing software ecosystem, as well as understand the goals and engagement styles of Itential customers.
- Troubleshoot software issues reported by customers on the Itential platforms.
- Support customers via Webex or JIRA tickets, and occasionally through emails - as well as demonstrate comfort and expertise in troubleshooting a vast array of software-related issues.
- Install and configure the Itential platforms to reproduce the issue, including the underlying dependent components like Node.js, MongoDB, RabbitMQ and Redis.
- Install Virtual machines, Dockers and Kubernetes clusters for issue replication.
- Contribute towards product documentation, along with development and testing of the platform.
- Follow the published SLAs for turning requests around in a timely manner.
- Set availability in schedule to be part of a rotating 'on call' process to assist with 24X7 support during off hours, weekends, and holidays. During the ‘on call’ process, the employee is not actively working but must be available in case of an urgent issue.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in a Technical Support position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience with scripting languages such as Python, and Bash.
- Experience with technologies such as HTML, CSS, NodeJS, ReactJS and XML.
- Experience with database systems such as SQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with Linux and Unix.
- Committed self-starter with ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast growth environment.
- Familiarity with Dockers, Kubernetes, and other cloud-based apps and services.
- Strong knowledge in computer networking and communication desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in understanding how APIs is consumed and created.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge and prior experience supporting network security technologies such as Proxies, NG Firewalls, SSL/IPSec, VPNs, and SSO.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Second shift 2pm-11pm PDT