Atlanta Classical Academy seeks a full-time Academic Resource Manager. The Academic Resource Manager serves as a member of the core leadership team and manages academic advising, college advising, testing, and enrollment. This position would report to the Head of School on the Atlanta Classical Academy's Atlanta campus.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic advising & registrar:
- Manage academic advising for grades 11 and 12 and supervise deans as they advise grades 9 and 10.
- Interface with Atlanta Public Schools to ensure compliance on all graduation and counseling related initiatives.
- Manage registrar in development of master schedule and ensure that individual schedules are created in alignment with graduation plans. Troubleshoot with the registrar where the schedule does not align with individual student needs.
- Act as buffer between principal and families to support in resolving questions related to schedule, grades, academic advising, etc.
- Manage school-wide testing with exclusive responsibility for Milestones, SAT, PSAT, and ACT. Support other team members in administration of GKIDS assessments, AP assessments, MAP, and ACCESS.
- Ensure ACA is compliant with all training requirements and deadlines.
- College advising:
- Manage college advising programs.
- Work with teachers to develop strong letters of recommendation and supervise all Naviance activity.
- Manage ACA’s profile sheet.
- Act as the point person on campus for all college counseling needs.
- Facilitate campus visits for college counselors.
- Run annual FAFSA night and support students with financial aid / scholarship needs.
- Host mock admissions night.
- Enrollment & records:
- Manage relationship with APS.
- Work with records and enrollment coordinator to ensure compliance.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required and masters in relevant field preferred
- 10+ years of related work experience
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, humility, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy is an open-enrollment, public charter school open to students who reside within the Atlanta Public Schools district. The school opened in 2014 with grades K – 8, and has added a grade each year as students have advanced. It is now a K – 12 academy. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Atlanta Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”