Foothills Regional Housing "FRH" is a prominent real estate developer, manager, and program administrator for affordable housing. FRH is currently looking for a Director of Procurement and Contracts, who under the direction of the Staff Attorney, this position is responsible for creating and managing (including coordinating and reporting) purchasing/procurement activities, managing contracting activities, project coordination and implementation of major purchasing decisions, as well as enforcing vendor agreements, and managing all insurance policies, renewals, and claims. This is a supervisory role.
1. Create, manage, and publicize requests for quotes, proposal, qualifications, bid, and/or information in coordination with applicable Leadership and Executive Team members.
2. Coordinate, implement, and document fair and consistent evaluation of responses to achieve and execute impartial and prudent vendor selection.
3. Evaluate vendor performance and ensure contract stipulations are being enforced properly.
4. Assist, as requested, in negotiation of terms and conditions and details of major purchases (i.e., shipping, insurance, delivery deadlines, etc).
5. Communicate with employees regarding the status of their purchasing/contracting requests.
6. Document project/procurement files and enter data necessary.
7. Obtain and retain necessary documentation to assure lien-free project completion before issuing contractor payments.
8. Establish a rotating annual calendar of solicitations to be issued, work with applicable staff members to create scope of work and/or project specifications, and issue solicitations in a timely manner.
9. Prepares or coordinates, by the deadline, all applicable reports, financial records, and any other reports necessary.
10. Conduct outreach to potential vendors to maximize competition
11. Purchase office supplies.
12. Provide support during budget process for researching expenses.
13. Manage insurance policies, renewals, and claims.
14. Perform other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise staff.
· Excellent written and oral communication skill.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the capability to be an effective mentor and leader for staff.
· Knowledge and experience with strategic planning and tactical execution.
· Strong judgment, reasoning abilities, and decision-making skills.
· Strong contract negotiation and drafting skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Associate degree or equivalent experience; bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college strongly preferred.
· Education and/or experience in project management, contracting or purchasing preferred- 4 years or more or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience working with project management or purchasing software/systems preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
· Knowledge of standard purchasing/procurement practices, contract management, and project coordination.
· Ability to maintain detailed information in an organized and accessible manner.
· Ability to prioritize daily work assignments to meet established deadlines.
· Ability to complete and/or publish solicitations, contracts, and notices in a consistently accurate manner.
· Ability to interact with vendors, co-workers and the public in a professional and courteous manner.
· Ability to always maintain a high degree of integrity, particularly when dealing with accounting, vendor and contracting transactions.
· Skill in the use of calculator, smart phone and computer software including Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office products.
· Requires a valid Colorado Driver’s License and the ability to be insured at standard rates.
· Criminal background check is required.
PAY RANGE: $76,000 to $93,000 / yearly
· Employer pays 100% premium of medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance.
· Vacation and Sick time.
· 12 Paid Holidays.
· Retirement plan, employer matches up to 10% of retirement contributions.