Lead Line Cook
Summary: Lead Line Cooks are responsible for overseeing the production of accurate, hot (or cold) and appropriately portioned meals for our guests and other various kitchen duties.
- Being a promotional spokesman for Saint Arnold; this is a part of everybody’s job description
- Be prepared to work at designated start time
- Perform and direct opening duties such as prep, stocking, ordering and expediting
- Support the line cooks as needed
- Perform temperature checks
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and sanitary kitchen by following the cleaning schedule.
- Prepare a variety of meals following company standards using grills, broilers, fryers, ovens and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Assures that product meets quality standards
- Plate and garnish food according to company standards
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels and rotate food to ensure freshness
- Opening and closing duties as required
- Know, following and enforcing all laws, rules, regulations and company policies regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages and proper food handling; this is a part of everybody’s job description.
- Work as a team with all coworkers
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- At least two years of line cook experience strongly preferred
- Must understand weights, measures and conversions
- Must have or obtain Manager Food Handlers Certification
- Know food safety and inventory concepts such as FIFO, time and temperature requirements and the hierarchy of food storage
- Prior kitchen experience or related degree/certification required
- TABC seller certification and Texas Food Handler’s Training required prior to start and must be maintained throughout tenure
- Ability to maintain patience with guests and coworkers in difficult situations
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate in English (read and speak).
- Be a craft beer lover!
- Must be able to work in a team environment