Greater Oregon Behavioral Health, Inc. (GOBHI) has an immediate opening for a full-time Communications Coordinator. This key position will be based out of the employee’s home office, which will need to be located within the state of Oregon.
The Communications Coordinator is a key position responsible for messaging in all mediums relating to GOBHI.
This position receives direction and communications objectives, and public relations goals from the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operations Officer, with recommendations through GOBHI’s Executive Leadership Team. The position engages in goal setting with GOBHI leadership.
Essential duties include:
- Implement media engagement strategies and communication plans.
- Develop television/newspaper news media engagement and planning strategies, as well as fielding requests for information from the media or designating an appropriate content expert to respond.
- Write press releases and other media communications to serve and promote GOBHI’s mission and values.
- Lead the development and implementation of a diverse social media portfolio for GOBHI with high frequency postings.
- Creates content for all social media accounts in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Collaborate with internal web and graphic design content experts to update and maintain the website.
- Collaborate with other employees on workgroups as communications lead to ensure consistency and quality of written product deliverables.
- Attend and contribute to internal committees, such as Managers’ meetings, EOCCO Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) committee; the GOBHI DEI Committee, and EOCCO Member Engagement Subcommittee.
- Prepare or edit organizational publications, such as newsletters or team reports, for internal or external audiences.
- Coordinate public responses to incidents or conflicts.
- Prepare or deliver speeches to further public relations objectives.
- Facilitate all-staff meetings when the lead facilitator is unavailable.
- Serves as GOBHI’s liaison with advertising agencies and public relations firms to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals.
- Drives to meetings or other GOBHI locations as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What is needed to succeed in this role:
- Three years’ of full-time communications, journalism, or public relations career experience.
- Experience in public relations in Eastern Oregon.
- Lives in, has lived in, or consulted in Eastern Oregon to the degree of having a strong knowledge base of the region, its varied cultures, and needs of EOCCO members.
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels.
- Effectively work with a variety of community stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Technology savvy – comfortable using MS and Google Suite software products.
- Maintains good driving record and required vehicle insurance.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field.
- Experience related to area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Two terms of post-graduate field work, including internships at state agencies and news companies, or equivalent experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary – starting at $53,000.00
- Additional compensation for proven bilingual skills in Spanish
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for you and dependents
- Generous paid time off
- Company paid life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurances
- FSA, with a $500 employer contribution
- Triple AAA insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 401k contribution, including 6.5% employer contributions
- Cell phone and internet reimbursements
Founded in 1994, Greater Oregon Behavioral Health, Inc. is an innovative behavioral health organization that serves communities across Oregon. GOBHI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that is charged with administering the behavioral health Medicaid benefit, non-emergent medical transportation and community engagement in 12 rural and frontier counties in Oregon.
GOBHI is a co-owner of the Eastern Oregon Coordinated Care Organization, along with Moda Health, and also provides various direct services statewide. GOBHI is committed to better health, better care, and lower costs. Please visit www.gobhi.org to learn more about our mission and services.