Availa Bank believes our people make a difference and we recognize that individual differences and experiences strengthen our teams. Each member of our team is empowered to inspire and enable our clients and the communities we serve to achieve financial success. Click the Apply link to find out more.
This position is responsible for generating, approving, and maintaining quality business and agriculture loans for the bank’s portfolio.
Availa Bank offers a rich selection of benefits you can personalize to support you and your family’s needs.
Benefits may include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Option for Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (Company paid for employee)
- 401K and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care
- Eligibility for Tuition Assistance and Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for sourcing new client relationships and expanding current client products and services by proactively developing pipeline activity for profitable new revenue growth.
- Responsible for soliciting, establishing, and maintaining new agricultural and commercial/business banking relationships within an identified portfolio or market area.
- Provide a high level of customer service by assuring that the products meet the client’s expectations. Work with clients through difficult/complicated issues that may arise and will function as a liaison between the client and bank operations area to make certain all client needs are met.
- Manage the credit application process to approve, deny or recommend credit action for loan applications within an acceptable customer service and regulatory timeframe.
- Analyze all credit applications utilizing sound unwriting credit analytics
- Maintain loan quality by striving for low incidence of incomplete documentation or regulatory violation
- Handle collections on delinquent loans; monitor the quality of existing loans
- Will adhere to and remain current with bank policy, procedures, lending laws and regulations.
- Will maintain knowledge of products and services offered by competitors and other vendors.
- Make recommendations for new loan products and services
- Maintain a high level of customer confidence, assumes a leadership role within the bank and community by participating in projects and activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One to three years in the banking or lending environment preferred but not required
- Prior experience in the banking, lending, sales or finance environment preferred
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
Other Skills and Abilities
- Perform agricultural and commercial lending duties
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and employees
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to function well in a demanding environment
- Working knowledge of loan policies and procedures
- Assumes a leadership role in community projects and activities
- Accepts a leadership role within the bank and participates in bank promotions and activities
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation