We are growing....and looking for an Experienced Sander Operator This individual is responsible for safely operating the Sander machine and ensuring quality for Dura Supreme products. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a new plant start up with a premier cabinetry brand, Dura Supreme Cabinetry LLC, in Statesville, NC. The Sander Operator is responsible for operating, loading, unloading and inspecting product on the Sander Machine.
About the Company: Dura Supreme manufactures premium semi-custom kitchen cabinets and bath vanities and our production jobs perform a variety of task that begin with cutting our raw materials, sanding, staining, building and assembling to create the exact vision of our consumers. We are proud that we are a one stop shop of craftsman who meticulously refine each process to ensure that our products meet the standards of not only us, but the families who purchase our custom cabinetry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies work orders selecting correct program for machining parts.
- Assures proper materials are being used according to production requirements and the material being used meets quality standards.
- Uses measuring tools to verify machine accuracy and calibration, and records on audit sheets.
- Labels, sorts, or stacks machined parts for next step in the manufacturing process.
- Performs daily and weekly maintenance and informs Manager or lead person of any deficiencies.
- Operates equipment at maximum capacity safely.
- Participates and contributes to a Work Team environment and follows Quality Control checks.
- Follows all Safety Rules and contributes to a safe work environment.
- High School education or up to one-month related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read a tape measure in both standard and metric units
- Able to read shop prints in standard and metric units
- Able to read measuring tools in standard and metric units
- Able to troubleshoot common quality and machining problems
Employees must be able to cope with climates; endure heat and cold conditions in the shop. Fast paced workloads and high noise levels are normal. Paint fumes and exposure to chemicals associated with an industrial paint department may be present. Personal Protective Equipment as required by OSHA will be provided by the Company.