Looking for something more than just a job, for a community and great purpose to your work?
Join Black Diamond Camp; as a team member that helps maintain the facilities and grounds and assist in the creation of new projects! This employee will assist in the oversight and support of grounds care and participate in facility and property maintenance based on skills and experience.
SPECIFICS & COMPESNATION: Pay rate will start at $21.00/hour up to $24.00/hour depending on skills and experience.
Position starts as soon as possible. This is a full-time, year round position of 40 hours a week.
Shifts will primarily be Monday-Friday with some weekend shifts scheduled or on-call for emergencies.
On campus housing is available.
Forgivable moving loan available to help relocate.
Paid Holidays, 2 weeks of paid Vacation, Sick Leave and paid PTO.
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision and other insurance policies at no cost or small cost to the employee.
Retirement 403-b and company match towards this.
Benefits also include the Christian community and eternal purpose in the work that you would do, great work environment and friendly staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Fully implement and follow safety policies and procedures.
· Responding to guest needs.
· Assist in overseeing areas of new construction and building remodels.
· Work closely with contractors and outside vendors as a representation of the camp.
· Working on camp water and sewer systems.
· Able to operate heavy equipment in a professional manor including tractors, backhoes, Skid Steers, forklifts, High Lifts etc.
· Assist with annual safety inspections on all buildings.
· Responsible for maintaining healthy lawns including proper and consistent mowing height, fertilization, re-seeding and weed control.
· Maintain and design new landscaped areas.
· Oversee a schedule of irrigation for camp yards and flower beds.
· Lead efforts to winterize all camp irrigation systems.
· Oversee camp grounds keeping equipment and make recommendations for repairing/replacing equipment at appropriate times.
· Assist with the compliance of all county and state rules and regulations.
· Supervise and train volunteers to complete projects as assigned.
· Provide feedback to supervisor on condition of grounds camp facilities.
· Communicate equipment, repair, supply and labor needs to supervisor.
· Be available for on call/after hours in order to respond to emergency situations.
· Participate in a rotation of weekend duty assignments.
Based on skills and experience:
· Perform quality rough and finish carpentry work.
· Perform quality sheet rocking and painting work.
· Make repairs to electrical systems including new wiring and troubleshooting.
· Diagnose and repair plumbing systems.
· Perform regular vehicle maintenance on camp vehicles including oil changes and tune-ups and make recommendations for further, more in-depth repairs.
· Make repairs to the RV area water, sewer and electrical systems.
· Plan and oversee landscaping projects including design irrigation systems and outdoor lighting, proper tree care and forest management, store water run-off systems.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exist to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Black Diamond Camp, we exist to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and biblical truth.
At Rainier Camp and Retreat Center, we exist to provide Christ-centered hospitality to groups seeking adventure in God's wild creation.
General Qualifications: The standard qualifications for being on Black Diamond Camp staff is being willing and able in good conscience to support our statement of faith, values and mission as an evangelical Christian, non-profit ministry. We are looking for a person who will maintain a safe working environment, assist and plan landscaping projects and regular care, have the knowledge and experience to perform building and general maintenance and repairs. Assist in overseeing new construction projects and remodels. Maintain equipment and supplies and be available to on-call/emergency needs and some weekend shifts. See Ministry Description for the full description and essential duties.