Naples Classical Academy is a tuition-free public charter school, in the Classical Liberal Arts Tradition. Our hope is to recover this traditional way of education, which is 2,500 years old, dating back to Plato's Republic.
We believe that the recovery this tradition, will bring about a renewal of education, human nature, the family and subsequently, the culture. The aim of a classical education is human excellence. Any pursuit of excellence requires order, and human excellence requires a well ordered soul. One that is able to distinguish the best ideas and things from those which are inferior and in turn prefer those great things.
The word we use for the acquisition of this excellence is virtue, from the Greek word, arete, meaning excellence or sometimes virtue. One of the first principles of our human nature is the love of knowledge, a desire to know true things. The fulfillment of this desire is the cause of our human happiness. This is the job of the teacher, and the fundamental mission of Naples Classical Academy.
We lead our students to human flourishing and happiness, through an immersion in the great books, like the Iliad and the Odyssey, and the Aneid. Most importantly, we lead them by our witness. Employees of NCA whether in the classroom or the HR Department, must be seekers and lovers of human excellence. As James Madison once said:
“To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical [imaginary] idea.”
The Payroll and Compliance Specialist manages all aspects of the school’s payroll function, including scheduled and unscheduled payroll processing, and all related payroll requirements. This position is responsible for the school’s compliance, including teacher certification, management of the Out of Field process, PDCP program, and district and FLDOE reporting requirements. The Payroll & Compliance Specialist supports and upholds the School Mission, Vision, and Core Virtues.
- Demonstrate knowledge and support of the organization’s mission, core values, goals, policies and procedures, and ethical standards.
- Coordinates and performs technical accounting work in the preparation and processing of payroll.
- Reviews payroll forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews and verifies employee compensation, deductions, hours, and time off.
- Complete payroll process and submit to payroll company bi-weekly.
- Coordinates with Human Resources department on the calculation of salaries, overtime payments, deductions, and other compensation.
- Maintains and monitors District and State compliance requirements.
- Prepares and submits District Reporting when needed.
- Manages payroll reporting.
- Communicates to employees regarding any payroll or compliance related issues.
- Minimum of three (3) years payroll knowledge & experience
- Extensive knowledge of payroll systems, Oasis experience preferred.
- Education/School experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office, Excel in particular, proficiency required.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competent in time management, and compliance.
- Employment is contingent upon a clear fingerprint and criminal history record.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a 12 -month full-time salaried position; however, this position can regularly require long days/hours. The Payroll and Compliance Specialist reports to the Head of School.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.