Sam Rust Seafood is a processor and distributor of exceptional live, fresh and frozen seafood. We provide the freshest quality seafood to all types of establishments, including white tablecloth restaurants to buffets, supermarket chains, hotels, caterers, and natural food markets. Daily delivery service to the Hampton Roads, Virginia area 6 days a week. Also, deliveries to Richmond, Virginia's Eastern Shore, Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, Fredericksburg, and the Outer Banks of North Carolina areas via our fleet of refrigerated trucks.
This position will require the individual to handle receiving/storage and packing of Fresh Seafood to fill orders for restaurants and retail stores. This is a refrigerated area (approx. 40 degrees) and requires "hands on" contact with various species of fish.
Monday-Friday 7:00 am - close or 4:30am - 2:00pm
Rotating Saturday's: 5:00 am - close (typically a few hours)
- High School Education or GED
- Cold Environment Work: 1 year
- Warehouse: 1 year
- The position requires an individual to be in good physical condition with the ability to lift 50lbs
- Be able to work productively without direct supervision
- You must be Drug Free, self motivated, goal oriented and capable of working as part of a team
- Required to work in cold and wet environment
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A good work ethic and the desire to excel
Prior seafood experience