1. Compliance: Perform responsibilities under the supervision of the Scientist(s) and/or the Study Director(s) and in accordance with relevant study protocols and the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
2. Training: Ensure training is documented according to Noble SOPs prior to performance of associated procedures.
- Ensure all necessary supplies needed to conduct the associated projects as specified by the protocols and/or SOPs are stocked.
- Print labels and label sample collection tubes and other laboratory reagents.
- Prepare data forms required to conduct the project as specified by the protocol and/or SOP.
4. Performance of Procedures:
- Assist in processing various blood and tissue samples.
- Assist in the preparation of samples using a variety of laboratory procedures for testing with various laboratory equipment.
- Conduct various laboratory procedures and operate analytical equipment.
- Maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Maintain the laboratories in a clean and organized manner after completion of procedures.
5. Data Management:
- Maintain lab notebooks and document experimental procedures and associated data.
6. Laboratory Maintenance: Take ownership of assigned laboratories.
- Receive relevant supplies according to Noble SOPs and policies and organize them in appropriate laboratory storage areas.
- Maintain inventories of assigned cold storage units.
- Maintain the laboratories in a clean and organized manner.
- Prepare shipment packages as directed.
- Act as a backup for the Inventory Manager for the central supply storage and receipt of shipments.
- Collaborate with the inventory management team.
- Collaborate with other research associates and departmental scientists.
8. All other relevant duties as assigned.
This job is for you if …
- You care deeply about documenting processes, and you are diligent.
- You pay attention to details, you are very organized, and meet deliverables in a highly dynamic working environment.
- You have a passion for the sciences and the drive to contribute to the discovery of new and novel medical therapies.
- You possess the ability to collaborate and ensure the studies are of high quality, completed on time, and in compliance with regulations and procedures.
- We called your past classmates/co-workers/supervisors, and they had attested that you are a great collaborator and team player.
Ideally, we’d like to see:
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience.
- Experience working with small and large laboratory animal models.
- Experience with GLP-compliant studies is highly desirable.
- Life sciences and research design, scientific research.
- Office 365 experience is recommended.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good scientific writing skills
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a team.
$17 - $24 per hour
Where you will be working …
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment may consist of moderate noise (i.e business office computers, phones, printers, and light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period.
Equal employment opportunity
At Noble Life Sciences, we are passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our mission is to provide pathways to prosperity for those willing to put in the work. As such, we pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
*** As a condition of employment with Noble Life Sciences, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. Noble Life Sciences provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements ***