Welcome to your next destination! We are Destination Pet, a nationwide company founded in 2016 by a team of professionals who have more than a century of combined experience and innovation in the pet services industry. These services include everything from daycare to boarding, training to grooming, and veterinary care. Our mission is to elevate the love and lives of pet families!
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Perks: Free Pet Insurance, 401(K) match, Free Pet Boarding, and Opportunities to Grow!
Schedule: Part-Time - Nights, Weekends
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 / Hour DOE
- Supports Mission, Vision and Values of Destination Pet.
- Sanitizes/disinfects pet enclosures and general boarding areas.
- Provides clean bedding and fresh water to each pet guest.
- Makes sure that each pet receives the correct type and quantity of food for each meal.
- Ensures pets have clean water at all times.
- Monitors and accurately charts consumption and elimination of each and every pet guest; brings problems to the General Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Visually checks pet guests for safety and well-being throughout the day.
- Cleans up pet excrement as needed. Checks and picks up excrement from enclosures as needed throughout the day.
- Monitors pet belongings; cleans belongings as needed; assures the return of pet belongings to owners. Carries pet belongings to storage area, front desk or to assist customers, as needed.
- Maintains and cleans food preparation areas.
- Performs daily laundering of pet bedding and towels.
Expertise & Experience:
- Must be a pet fanatic – pets are part of our family!
- Professional animal care/kennel experience preferred.
- Displays a professional manner at all times
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must frequently lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to be on feet for the duration of your shift.
- Must be able to stand, walk and climb stairs frequently.
- Must be able to handle dogs on leashes.
- Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to disinfectant/sanitation chemicals, animal dander and excretions.
Wanting to become a Dog Groomer, No Problem!
Here at Destination Pet, you will have the opportunity to become a Professional Dog Groomer. All that is required is to be employed with Destination Pet full-time or part- time for 6 months. Once that is completed you will contact your General Manager. From there they will enroll you into the program of Paragon school of Pet Grooming free of charge. We encourage on helping you to succeed your dreams in the pet care industry and hope you will join our pack!