SMG is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
SMG is seeking a Safety Advisor in Columbus, Indiana.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, prioritize the client’s needs, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change and travel.
Overview of Job Responsibilities
- Site safety observations, including documentation of findings
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis
- Represents the contractor in progress meetings
- Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law, the Owner and contractor
- Conduct New Hire Orientations and safety meetings
- Provides incident management and support
- Documentation and Report preparation
- Conducts Contractor program reviews
- 1926 OSHA standard knowledge
- Three-plus years of Construction Safety experience
- Rigging/Steel erection experience
- A degree in safety or a related field is preferred
- Previous experience with large projects or building expansion projects
Physical Demands of the job may include
- Moving about long distances
- Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
- Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period
- Working in extreme weather
- Being exposed to loud noises
- Wearing personal protective gear correctly
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
SMG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.