Summary: This position is responsible for the agronomy operations for their assigned location including providing effective leadership to agronomy location employees, providing excellent customer service, maintaining product inventories, and ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of the facilities, equipment, and grounds is properly completed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports New Vision Co-op’s stated Vision, Mission, and Business Values.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Effectively leads the site’s agronomy operations team including hiring, training, ensuring proper licenses are maintained and prioritizing and directing the daily work effort.
- Responsible to support and provide safety training to employees.
- Coordinates labor requirements with other site supervisors and operations leaders as needed.
- Organizes and directs all outbound fertilizer distribution.
- Dispatches all dry and liquid custom application assets.
- Responsible for location security, security compliance and safety.
- Responsible for agronomy plant and equipment maintenance and performance.
- Coordinates chemical, fertilizer, and seed inventory management for assigned location with Agronomy Department Manager.
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; processes purchasing orders as required; tracks orders and investigates problems. Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles computer-generated reports in regards to the inventory of seed, chemical, and fertilizer.
- Assist Sales and Operations Managers to build a strategic agronomy retail and wholesale inventory plan.
- Meets or exceeds all regulatory compliance expectations
- Promotes New Vision’s products and services to customers.
- Maintains knowledge of evolving technology and applicating practices as they change within New Vision and the industry.
- Explains company policies and site operations to customers as needed.
- Prepare reports as requested by the Agronomy Department Manager.
- Assists in all areas as seasonal demand requires.
- Accept additional responsibilities and duties as directed by the Agronomy Department Manager or Chief Executive Officer.
- Report unsafe, defective or impaired working equipment or unsafe conditions to the supervisor or CEO.
- Communicate the information necessary to co-workers to perform tasks according to their job requirements, maintain location efficiency and maintain a safe working environment.
- Ask supervisor for information or instructions when needed.
- Inform supervisor or Chief Executive Officer of suggestions to improve safety, efficiency or increase business.
- Immediately report any work related injury, property damage or theft to supervisor or CEO.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises agronomy operations employees at assigned location. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with New Vision’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions with varying degrees of temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or H.S. Diploma/GED and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office and the ability to learn New Vision’s Agronomy technology and applicable areas of accounting system.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must have a high attention to detail and effective time management and leadership skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license. The ability to obtain a Class A CDL with health card certification and acceptable MVR. An applicator’s license that meets the minimum compliance requirements of the regulatory state in which the applicator operates.