ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
National Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs). Formed in 1988, NCA has been providing support, technical assistance, and quality assurance for CACs, while serving as a voice for abused children for more than 30 years.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
National Children’s Alliance (NCA) is committed to a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within our staff, board, and Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) movement. A diverse, equitable, and inclusive movement is critical not only to achieve a just and welcoming work environment for our workforce and partners: it also impossible to effectively serve children and families across this country without a movement of agencies and professionals that reflect them and understand their needs.
As the national association and accrediting body for CACs, NCA is committed to achieving universal access to CAC services for children in every community in America and is uniquely positioned to ensure CACs both have the resources they need to truly serve America’s diverse population and also that their accreditation with us requires that they do so equitably and inclusively.
A Senior Program Associate for Special Projects, Membership, acts as a liaison between CACs, Chapters, consultants, and NCA; provides information and access to member benefits; delivers outstanding customer service to members; and manages special projects. The position works cooperatively with other NCA staff, consultants, and stakeholders to ensure deliverables and projects are completed on time and on budget. The position is supervised by the Director of Member Services and is in the Membership department.
- Ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships on behalf of the organization with members.
- Ability to lead and facilitate collaborative workgroups.
- Provide webinars/training regarding the development/implementation of key initiatives.
- Project management and facilitation skills.
- Maintenance of accurate records in membership database.
- Collect and report membership data and participate in research projects.
- Recordkeeping regarding membership dues and other membership requirements.
- Recruit prospective members and provide technical assistance in non-accredited membership application process.
- Work collaboratively with staff, members, stakeholders, and consultants on special projects.
- Accurately articulate benefits of NCA membership and educate members on how to access them.
- General office duties, including typing, data entry, drafting correspondence and reports, document retention, coordinating mass correspondence.
- Assist with general membership correspondence through email, phone, and professional networking + e-learning platform, NCA Engage.
- Assist Membership Team with projects and preparation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Member Services, Vice President of Programs, and Chief Executive Officer.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree is required, an advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience working with rural setting Children’s Advocacy Centers preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing projects and programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, NCA’s Board of Directors, and staff.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Positive, solution-focused, problem-solving orientation.
- Ability to appropriately manage sensitive information and situations.
- Ability to work independently while seeking appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills required (including familiarity with database applications).
- Strong computer skills- experience with MS Office, strong Excel proficiency required.
- Experience with association management software preferred.
- Passion for NCA’s mission.
- Must demonstrate core values: Integrity, Inclusion, Excellence, Teamwork, Results-Oriented
WORK ENVIORNMENT/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel.
- May require lifting of up to 20lbs.
*For Internal employees seeking promotion, see internal promotion guidelines