To assist the Finance Manager in ensuring fiscal responsibility in co-op operations, by providing up-to-date, accurate financial information and to ensure the timely payment of the Co-op’s bills and payroll processing.
- Follow the Core Values as defined by EEFC’s Core Value statement – Attitude, Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork/Cooperation, Excellence, Customer Focus, and Innovation.
- Provide exemplary customer service to both customers and staff.
- Accurately communicate what the Co-op is and the process for becoming a member.
- Familiarity with store layout, products, and services.
- Familiarity and understanding of emergency procedures.
- Stay up to date with current storewide and departmental communications, policies, notices, and logs.
- Abide by Co-op policies as delineated in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness and ability to learn to meet the changing needs and requirements of the job.
II. Departmental - Payroll
- Process bi-weekly payrolls; address all aspects of payroll including PTO, staff charges, health care, retirement, advances, retro-pay, membership, etc.
- Make payments related to payroll.
- Maintain timely, necessary data backup needed either to support or interface with the financial services payroll software, the time clock software, member database, POS system, and HR employee database.
- Process profit and gain sharing programs.
- Accurately reconcile and maintain payroll information needed for auditing purposes.
- Maintain accurate employee files in the time clock software, employee database, and payroll software.
- Maintain confidentiality of all payroll records and personnel information.
III. Departmental - Accounts Payable
- Ensure accurate and thorough process of the Co-op’s accounts payable system.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and invoice processing
- Ensure that bills are paid according to vendor terms to ensure good credit and healthy cash flow.
- Take supplier discounts when advantageous for cash flow.
- Process credit applications for new vendors.
- Maintain accurate and easily accessible A/P files on all vendors.
- Act as the A/P liaison, interfacing with the Finance Manager, the merchandisers, POS staff, Front End staff and management, and outside vendors to resolve problems.
- Reconcile ACH payments made through the website
IV. Departmental - Accounts Receivable
- Ensure accurate and thorough process of the Co-op's accounts receivable system.
- Ensure that all payments are received and allocated accurately.
- Report back monthly to the Member Services Manager concerning any outstanding newsletter accounts.
- Report monthly to the HR Manager concerning the balances due related to COBRA payments.
V. Departmental – Financial Tracking
- Maintain the Cash Flow spreadsheet.
- Maintain accurate Kudo Bucks system by tracking, generating, assigning and reconciling them into the database to produce reports as needed.
- Provide weekly sales figures to NCGA.
- Integrate POS sales data into Weekly Store Reports (WSR).
VI. Departmental – General Ledger
- Process interdepartmental transfers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date general ledger account balances.
VII. Departmental – Other
- Work with Finance Manager to solve problems and make improvements to procedures regarding A/P, A/R, Payroll, and Financial Tracking.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Logical problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Regular, dependable attendance.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- General mobility requirements include the ability to: do repetitive motions, do heavy typing and data entry, sit at a computer for long periods of time, visually read fine print, visually read a computer screen for long periods of time.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 4 years of experience in A/P, A/R, Payroll, and Financial Tracking.
- Knowledge of EEFC policy and procedures.
- Experience with Access database system.