PURIS also offers benefits that start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
Join the PURIS team to lead the plant-based movement and ensure production of high quality, USA made plant proteins! This is a unique time and opportunity to join the Harrold team throughout the expansion and growth of the manufacturing processes, implement state of the art engineering and execute new initiatives that will drive and support the PURIS Vision of a Plant Strong Planet.
As a Production Technician at PURIS, you play a key role to ensure the plant has a 90% up time while completing your daily duties in plant operations & food safety. To ensure product quality, a clean work environment must be maintained, and Technicians are responsible to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times. Safety is our #1 priority; therefore Production Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Production Technicians must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for monitoring and operating plant equipment, controlling product flow to ensure the process is operating at peak performance; take immediate corrective action for all problems
- Responsible for performing routine and non-routine tasks in a safe manner, in addition to supporting and abiding by the safety culture
- May work various duties for the receiving in of raw material loads into the facility
- Fulfill required documentation and process check sheets on a regular basis
- Operate packaging equipment and perform quality checks throughout the process
- Work in loading various types of shipping containers
- Responsible for keeping plant clean and neat
- Assist with plant preventive maintenance and repairs
- Perform other tasks and projects as required
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Prior fork truck experience helpful
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety a plus
- 1 year or more in a manufacturing environment or some type of agricultural experience preferred
Skills and Capabilities:
- Willingness to learn new things and help others.
- Writing and understanding written sentences, paragraphs, and directions in work related documents.
- Be able to use effective time management skills and be able to prioritize tasks
- Capable of physical labor
- Capable of wearing PPE; including, but not limited to: hearing, eye, and hand protection
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to reach above your head on occasion
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion
PURIS is the linchpin between what the farmers grow and the public consumes—a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine! Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.