The Housekeeper will be responsible for cleaning and servicing assigned areas.
• Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings and equipment and mopping floors with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease. Uses damp, disinfectant-treated cloths and vacuum cleaner to dust windowsills, blinds, floors, furniture, and equipment in an orderly fashion. Scours and polishes sinks, tubs, mirrors, and other equipment.
• Assembles materials and supplies from the supply room and transports them to the work area.
• Replenishes supplies of soap, towels, and other dispensable items.
• Reports mechanical failures or negative conditions observed in assigned area to the Director or Linen Aide.
• Gathers and disposes of trash, washes wastebaskets and large refuse containers, and relines with plastic bags.
• Removes soiled linens.
• Periodically polishes floors with a buffing and polishing machine.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Adheres to facility’s Standards of Excellence.
• Must know how to use common housecleaning implements such as mops, floor waxes, and scouring pads to keep areas clean and well serviced.
• Must know how to care for equipment, how to measure cleaning solutions, and to be alert to hazards.
• Ability to follow oral or written instructions.
Education and Experience:
• High school graduate preferred.
• Previous cleaning experience in a hospital setting preferred.
• Must be able to endure long hours of continuous work.
• Physical effort required by the job includes standing, stooping, pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 25 pounds.