**Please note that this is a temporary position anticipated to last a minimum of 6 months.
Poseida’s proprietary gene-editing platforms are the foundation for the next generation Gene Therapy products. The in vivo gene editing team is dedicated to constantly improve and evaluate our Cas-CLOVER™ and Super piggyBac® platforms for in vivo applications. You will work with an outstanding team of molecular biologists, protein engineers, gene-editing experts, pharmacologists, organic chemists, and formulation scientists to create new and effective approaches to deliver our innovative platforms into preclinical mouse models. Your work will be central to our molecular discovery studies. You will have an opportunity to learn and advance in your career as this group is forward-thinking and fully supportive of development. We understand the meaning of team and are looking for an individual that wants to be a part of something bigger and a driving force in changing the lives of patients.
Poseida Therapeutics is seeking a talented and self-motivated research associate/SRA to join our Gene Therapy team. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop new gene editing and gene therapy products in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing and insertion technology for in vivo gene therapies. This role will focus on execution of multiple molecular discovery studies that evaluate our Cas-CLOVER™ and Super piggyBac® platforms for in vivo applications.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute molecular discovery studies to evaluate our proprietary gene editing platform technologies (Cas-CLOVER and piggyBac) for in vivo applications.
- Execute and analyze molecular assays designed to determine gene editing outcomes (nucleic acid extraction, PCR, Sanger-sequencing, NGS library preparation, Amplicon-seq, Flow cytometry).
- Regularly communicate data and analysis results to team members and supervisors.
- Maintain detailed data records as required by Poseida’s quality policies.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in molecular biology, cell biology, virology or related scientific discipline with at least 2 years relevant experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Extensive hands-on experience with Molecular Biology (as PCR, qRT-PCR, ddPCR, DNA/RNA and protein preparation), Cloning, mammalian cell culture and transfection is required.
- Prior experience with genetic manipulation using RNA-guided nucleases, transposases, and functional in vitro assays used for measuring success of gene delivery and/or gene editing is required.
- Proficiency with culture of cell lines and primary cells is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with non-viral gene delivery technologies (transposon, episomal, or nanoparticles) is preferred.
- Prior experience with Next Generation Library preparation is preferred.
- Strong understanding of gene editing principles and both established and emerging technologies is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to be independent, self-motivated, as well as work in a highly collaborative setting.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent documentation skills.
Research Associate II, IVGT Pay Rate: $37.50/hour to $41.00/hour (guidelines are BS/MS with 2 plus years of experience)
Senior Research, IVGT Salary Range: $88,000 to $98,349 (guidelines are BS/MS with 5 plus years of experience
The final pay offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type, and length of experience with the industry, education, geographic location, etc.
Who We Are and What We Do
Based in San Diego, Poseida Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing our unique and proprietary genetic engineering platform technologies to create next-generation cell and gene therapies with the capacity to cure. We are passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives with the development of our CAR-T therapies in various cancers and gene therapies for rare diseases. Our goal is to deliver potential single treatment cures for patients in need. Our portfolio of product candidates is specifically designed to overcome the limitations of current generation cell and gene therapeutics.
At Poseida we put people first. Our team is passionate about improving patients’ lives through innovation. See what our team has to say about our culture:
“My favorite part about Poseida is all the people that I get to work with. Everyone is so passionate about what we’re doing here and there’s so much camaraderie. It feels like one big enthusiastic family.”
“My favorite part about working at Poseida is the amazing culture and working environment. Everybody is friendly, professional, collaborative, and has a remarkable can-do and positive attitude.”
As we advance our compelling pipeline, there are endless opportunities for impact and growth. We encourage you to apply today!
Recruitment Fraud Alert
Alert: Beware of Employment Scams
Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. has received reports of employment-related scams. These scams have appeared in forms of false job advertisements and/or unsolicited contacts via communication/chat platforms, phone, email or text from individual(s) claiming to be or represent Poseida’s Human Resources team. Be advised that Poseida Therapeutics does not extend unsolicited employment offers. Furthermore, Poseida Therapeutics does not request payment information or charge prospective employees with any fees during the recruitment process.
If you would like to pursue employment opportunities with Poseida Therapeutics, Inc., please visit our official careers website https://poseida.com/careers-culture/ or official Poseida Therapeutics LinkedIn page. Job postings that do not link directly to our careers website or official Poseida LinkedIn page are not legitimate and might be fraudulent. You may report fraudulent job advertisements or contacts via our Contact Us page at https://poseida.com/contact-us/ and select the subject “Careers.” If you have been defrauded or suspect identity theft as a result of an employment scam, please contact your local law enforcement agency for guidance.