Short's Travel Management, a leading provider of collegiate athletic travel, is seeking a dynamic and motivated candidate for the position of Account Executive – Hotels for STM-Stay. This position may be a remote position. Ability to travel is required (20-50%).
This position is responsible for managing multiple customer relationships at one time, as well as help generate prospective sales leads and new client sales for STM-Stay. This position will utilize networking and customer relationship skills to contact and qualify strategic prospects including university athletic departments, professional sports organizations, and more. This candidate must have the ability to manage many customer relationships at the same time and multitask constantly. The candidate placed in this position will possess the ability to function autonomously, but must also be effective contributing in a team environment.
- Exhibits knowledge of working with different sports customers and multi-tasking their needs
- Manage the relationship with the Coach’s, giving them product knowledge of hotels and helping guide their buying decisions when needed by the Coach.
- Be available as needs arise with the Teams when traveling
- Actively participates in growing Short’s name within the marketplace by selling and re-selling to new clients.
- Generates prospective client leads and actively cultivates leads into productive sales..
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with key client prospects.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Short’s product offerings and new services.
- Have a solid understanding of how Team’s travel
- Shares best practices with colleagues, team members and others to improve the account management needs and productivity.
- Travels as required for sales calls, presentations, trade functions and team meetings.
- We are a team at Short’s Travel Management and as such, you may be expected to assist in other departments or handle tasks outside of your typical position scope for the benefit of our clients or company.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains the highest possible level of confidentiality on behalf of the company.
- Highly polished presentation development and delivery skills.
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Displays a positive attitude with energy and enthusiasm and a willingness to share ideas.
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility of multiple tasks as required.
- Self-motivated and autonomous with consistent follow through, maintaining team continuity.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Requires 3+ years of sales experience in the hotel industry. Athletic and/or university experience a plus.
- Ability to resolve escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Short’s Travel Management (STM) is a family-owned, women-owned, private corporation. We are sports travel experts specializing in team travel, recruiting travel, group hotels, bus charters and air charters servicing hundreds of athletic departments each year. We move more student athletes than any other travel management company. STM’s mission is to enhance the experience of getting there, being there, and coming home. When you win, we all win!
The STM team strives to drive innovation, provide excellent service, and display teamwork, passion and dedication throughout the lifetime of our relationships. STM works with clients to customize travel programs to create efficiencies and maximize the value of our products and services.
Compensation & Available Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Time Off
Short’s Travel Management is an EOE employer.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.