Kinematics creates motion control solutions for mission-critical systems in demanding environments. Based in the U.S. with global operations, we reliably deliver on diverse customer needs and have the manufacturing expertise to deliver any volume cost effectively.
For close to three decades, we have been innovating solutions and working closely with our customers to provide the most reliable, bankable, innovative drives across multiple industries. Today, with over 2 million drives globally deployed, representing hundreds of millions of hours of operation, we are proud of our role in sustainably supporting critical applications across the industrial, satellite and solar sectors.
Kinematics was founded in 1996, has 400 employees globally, is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, with sales offices in North America and Europe, and manufacturing operations in Jiangyin, China and Nogales, Mexico.
The Production Supervisor conducts the planning, development, and evaluation of production systems. This individual must be able to organize and supervise the manufacture of products. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the functioning of the production areas to ensure compliance with production plans. This individual will follow the efficient management of resources within the established productivity and quality standards in response to legal requirements and the satisfaction of customer needs. The Production Supervisor will supervise the warehouse Production staff and comply with and enforce maintenance standards. This individual will report to the Plant Manager in the Production department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize management and relationship skills to train, motivate and empower staff and provide excellent customer service.
- Build teams, identify team members' strengths and weaknesses, and make work assignments accordingly.
- Work with internal and external customers to resolve issues and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other managers/supervisors to formulate goals and understand requirements.
- Maintain ethical practices when engaging with co-workers and direct reports.
- Train employees on the specific tasks associated with the job, including safety, quality, and productivity goals.
- Ensure training is conducted and current records with the latest changes in processes are maintained.
- Ensures that line leaders follow process documentation and monitor incoming materials in their department.
- Maintain product quality, improved productivity, and efficiency. Propose initiatives to reduce costs and scrap as well as improving First Time Quality
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines.
- Monitor production to troubleshoot issues.
- Authorized to stop any process that puts the safety of personnel at risk or produces defective parts that do not meet specifications.
- Generate reports of the results of the activities carried out.
- Manage the cleanliness and safety of the warehouse work environment.
- Works in compliance with plant standards, ISO, OSHA, etc.
- Follow established work instructions and procedures and use of tools correctly.
- Follow the training received, recommendations given and knowledge acquired. This includes the safety aspects.
- Complies with and enforces the company's safety regulations which include using the required PPE’s on a daily and continuous basis
- Actively participates in the cleaning and maintenance of work tools (hand tools, gages, fixtures, equipment, forklifts and their accessories, etc.)
- Promptly reports any situation and findings regarding equipment for repair or replacement.
- Promptly report unsafe acts and risky situations
- Complies with internal work regulations.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of production, procedures and safety requirements.
- Manage quality containment activities by making sure that effective containment is in place and the process is being followed correctly.
- Correctly dispose of the different types of waste generated in the designated containers for each type of waste.
- Keeps work area clean and tidy each day according to the 6's.
- Ensures that all staff in the warehouse keep work areas clean and tidy each day.
- Other Duties
- Handle maintenance work where and when necessary.
- Purchase supplies
Week 1 – Monday – Thursday 7 am – 4 pm and Friday 7 am - 3 pm
Week 2 – Monday – Thursday 7 am – 4 pm and Friday off
Knowledge and Skills:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in manufacturing production with 3 + years manufacturing industry experience or
- Highschool diploma or Equivalent plus 5+ years’ experience in Manufacturing industry
- 3+ years Manufacturing Supervisor experience preferred.
- Must have Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power point, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and answer questions from groups, managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ease of oral and written communication.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Leadership and negotiation skills.
- Be responsible, proactive, organized, and disciplined.
- Have flexibility in schedule availability.
- Capacity to lift loads of up to 30 Kgs, occasionally.
Kinematics, LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.