The Music People is a highly respected international business-to-business distributor of musical accessories and pro audio equipment to music gear retailers and sound contractors. We design, import, and distribute our own brand called On-Stage, a pillar of the music industry with over 40 years of experience supporting countless musicians in over 85 countries. In addition, we distribute for companies such as Shure, QSC, and Sennheiser. The Music People has 80 employees worldwide and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by Hartford Courant multiple times, most recently in 2018.
The inside sales team is responsible for maximizing profitability as well as developing and growing accounts in line with company goals. The National Sales Associate will work under the direction of the Vice President of Sales and as part of a training program with an assigned National Account Manager mentor. The 6- to 12-month training program develops national sales representative that can work independently of the mentor.
• Become proficient in all required product, sales process, and system knowledge
• Demonstrate ability to maintain and manage newly assigned accounts independently by achieving goals set by management
• Meet or exceed all forecasted sales goals, profit goals, and outbound and total call time quotas
• Cold call and search for potential new customers
• Manage pre-existing customer accounts
• Continuous in-house training regarding old and new product lines
• Implement cross-sell, up-sell, and incentive programs to increase performance results
• Accurately quote products to follow guidelines set by management
• Develop sales process that is in line with TMP culture and your personal style. Work with mentor to understand common objections raised by dealers and practice handling them in live drills, such as role-playing exercises. Upon completion of training, sales representatives should be fully confident in their ability to break the ice with customers, convince them of the value of our products and persuade them to purchase
• Reports to management and National Account Manager regularly on new leads and sales developments
• May require travel to industry tradeshows throughout the year
The telesales team is responsible for maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values
• Strong communication skills. Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact in TMP’s best interest with internal and external parties
• Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), MS Dynamics NAV, and SharePoint
• Quick learner with the ability to move into an opportunity while learning multiple product lines
• Exemplary sales skills (enthusiasm about product, interpersonal aptitude, ability to overcome objectives, relationship building)
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
• Musical background a plus but not required
Why grow with us?
Named a top workplace by Hartford Courant multiple times, The Music People offers an attractive work-life balance, a 40-hour schedule that does not require nights or weekends, progressive compensation packages, health care options, and a matching 401(k).