The Music People is a highly respected international business-to-business distributor of musical accessories and pro audio equipment to music gear retailers and sound contractors. We design, import, and distribute our own brand called On-Stage, a pillar of the music industry with over 40 years of experience supporting countless musicians in over 85 countries. In addition, we distribute for companies such as Shure, QSC, and Sennheiser. The Music People has 80 employees worldwide and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by Hartford Courant multiple times, most recently in 2018.
The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for a wide range of physically demanding warehouse functions including shipping, receiving, and picking and packing products from small parts to 90-lb. master cartons by hand, pallet jack, and forklift. Responsibilities include processing shipments via MS Windows-based shipping software, as well as shipping documents including bills of lading.
• Pick and pack pallet LTL shipments
• Pick and pack small package orders, UPS, FedEx, and USPS shipments
• Unload containers and stack and palletize cartons weighing up to 90 lbs.
• Cycle count inventory
• Assist customers with pickup orders
• General warehouse functions as needed including but not limited to cleaning, organizing, replenishing product locations, etc.
• Collaborate transparently with employees and management on responsibilities, projects, issues, and opportunities utilizing company's resources
• Comprehensively maintain documented systems, processes, and training videos
• Must have the ability to work on their feet all day
• Must have the ability to work in an un-airconditioned warehouse
• Proficient with MS Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Forklift certification or ability to become certified once hired
• Electric and non-electric pallet jack operation
• Comfortable with climbing stair-case ladders up to 12'
• Proficient at basic math problems
• Good memory and attention to detail
• Self-starter with the ability to complete tasks with and without direct supervision
• Able to communicate clearly with employees and customers
• Supportive approach, strong work ethic
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers, suppliers, and factories
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
• Support and coordinate work efforts with other employees, locations and leadership
1+ years’ experience as a Warehouse Associate or equivalent work experience
• Lift heavy boxes from 50 to 90 lbs. (2-man lift for 65 lb. packages or heavier)
• Comfortable working on a 12' ladder
Why grow with us?
Named a top workplace by Hartford Courant multiple times, The Music People offers an attractive work-life balance, a 40-hour schedule that does not require nights or weekends, progressive compensation packages, health care options, and a matching 401(k).
No recruiters please