energyRe is a leading clean energy developer at the forefront of America's energy transition. We believe building and delivering reliable clean power to the communities we serve is our opportunity and our responsibility. We focus on sustainable projects that support a just energy transition, community development, public health, and environmental stewardship.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
energyRe is guided by the principles of innovation and partnership and backed by expertise and experience. We are committed to an inclusive, team-oriented company culture that fosters professional and personal growth across our organization. We encourage individuals interested in solving complex sustainability challenges to join us on our mission to ignite America’s clean energy future.
As an intern at energyRe, you will have the opportunity to:
- Expand your knowledge and skills while gaining hands-on professional experience.
- Engage with leaders throughout the organization and learn about the clean energy industry.
- Have lunch with a member of our Executive Management Team.
- Our program takes place from June – August lasting for 8-10 weeks.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
As an Intern in our Project Engineering & Grid Integration team, you will have the unique opportunity to work with a team to understand detailed design for Utility Scale solar energy projects and technical activities related to interconnecting projects to the grid. All the while, paving the way to make a difference in the future of energyRe and sustainable energy.
- Interconnection Request Submittal Matrix - Research into existing Generation Interconnection Process’s provides exposure to real-world application of these highly discussed areas of the process to interconnection request projects to the grid.
- Regional Transmission Operator (RTO) Study Model composition - Research and diagram the construction elements of each RTO’s Study Base Case models. End product should clearly present a visual comparison between RTO’s methodology.
- RTO Resource Plans – Outline each RTO’s Resource Plan Schedule to illustrate how their efforts interact with the System Impact Studies (SIS) process.
- Develop a naming convention for all Project construction drawings.
- Evaluation of various Transmission modeling software
- Evaluation of various AI+ML packages Asset Management and Operations support
- Determine options for 3D modeling of Substations for O&M
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year Bachelor’s degree program with an expected graduation date between May 2025 and May 2027.
- Majoring in various engineering/technology or related disciplines.
- Interest in the renewable energy or clean energy sector.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Dynamic and motivated interns who bring more to the table than just academic achievements. We value a diverse set of skills and experiences that contribute to a collaborative and innovative work environment.