A cover Letter and Resume are required to apply.
Build in Tulsa Background:
The mission of Build in Tulsa (BIT), LLC is to close the racial wealth gap in America by catalyzing multi-generational Black wealth through tech and entrepreneurship. Build in Tulsa is dedicated to providing Black entrepreneurs with the human, social, and financial capital needed for success in commercializing new products and services into the marketplace. Central to our work is our network of accelerators including ACT Tulsa, Lightship and Techstars, designed to meet underrepresented Black and Brown entrepreneurs wherever they are in their journey. Build in Tulsa helps entrepreneurs build skills, build networks, and build capital to take their businesses to the next level. Build in Tulsa is providing a suite of services including training and workshops to get founders accelerator-ready, mentoring and networking events to introduce entrepreneurs to each other as well as strategic partners, and connecting entrepreneurs to potential sources of capital. Build in Tulsa is also addressing some of the barriers that many Black entrepreneurs face by providing free coworking space, cost of living assistance, funding for technology and other microgrants.
Build in Tulsa Team Values:
Innovation: Taking a forward-thinking approach to how BIT operates to uniquely support our community.
Resilience: Adapting quickly and evolving continuously to ensure that BIT will endure and thrive beyond whatever we may encounter in an unknown tomorrow.
Collaboration: Being a partner to our Black entrepreneur and business community, whether that means mentor, supporter, side-by-side problem solver, idea bouncer, connection maker, or whatever else it takes to help them succeed.
Respect: Honoring the history that BIT is rooted in, and honoring the intelligence, hard work, and dedication that each BIT community member puts into building their business.
Build in Tulsa is looking for a super-connector who will be an active ambassador for Build in Tulsa network entrepreneurs. The ideal candidate has experience as an investor/VC or a strong network of investors and VCs that they can engage regularly with compelling investment memos showcasing Build in Tulsa entrepreneurs. This is a critical role in our efforts to help underrepresented founders raise funds. You can be a part of a close-knit team, working in a fast-paced environment, executing a big vision to close the funding gap for Black and Brown founders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive investor relations strategy designed to engage investors regularly with Build in Tulsa network entrepreneurs.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with Build in Tulsa’s existing investors, ensuring regular communication and updates.
- Actively recruit new investors to the Build in Tulsa network, making sure we have investors that align with entrepreneurs in BIT network accelerators
- Act as a primary point of contact for investors, addressing their inquiries, concerns, and requests promptly and professionally.
- Draft memos showcasing BIT network entrepreneurs for investors.
- Prepare BIT network founders for investment meetings, assisting them with drafting compelling pitch decks tailored to investors.
- Coordinate and lead investor meetings, both in-person and virtual, to showcase the organization's impact, progress, and future opportunities.
- Collaborate with the programming team to identify potential investors and organize investor trips around accelerator demo days.
- Assist with Build in Tulsa’s Black Venture Summit, inviting asset allocators/LPs and diverse General Partners (GPs), as well as helping design topical, educational workshops.
- Regularly update and maintain the investor relations database, tracking engagement and ensuring accurate contact information, activity logs, and contribution records.
- Monitor market trends, industry developments, and policy changes relevant to our organization's mission, and communicate their potential impact on investors and fundraising efforts.
- Stay informed about best practices and emerging strategies in investor relations, adapting and implementing them to optimize fundraising and investor engagement.
- Help plan and attend Build in Tulsa events, representing the organization and our mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, communications, or a related field. Advanced degree or relevant certifications are a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in investor relations, fundraising, or a related field, preferably within the nonprofit or social enterprise sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, particularly in supporting underrepresented communities and promoting DEI initiatives.
- Strong financial acumen, including the ability to analyze financial statements, budgets, and investment opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate complex ideas and data in a clear and compelling manner.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage and inspire a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using CRM software and other relevant tools for investor management and reporting.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for the organization's mission and commitment to driving social impact through entrepreneurship and economic empowerment.
- Experience with Gmail, Google Docs, Asana, Airtable, Slack, Eventbrite
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs., for lifting supplies and materials, as needed
- Position continually requires the ability to talk and hear both in person and over the phone, visual acuity; ability to operate equipment, read, and use a keyboard
- Position requires sitting, or standing, and working with a computer for extended periods of time
Work Schedule and Location Requirements:
- You Must live in or be able to relocate to Tulsa, Oklahoma or the surrounding area
- This position operates full time (40 hrs/wk), Monday-Friday
- Ability to occasionally work hours outside of 8:00am-5:00pm for events
- Occasional need to utilize personal transportation, must maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance
About our Benefits
As part of our overall compensation package, we offer work/life flexibility, comprehensive health benefits, paid time off, and a generous retirement contributions designed to support you and your family.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and long-term disability for full-time employees only. Option to add vision and dependents.
- 401K employee and employer contributions.
- Paid time off to support you while you are out of the office.
- Paid holidays so our employees can spend time with those they care about
- Employer paid AD&D life insurance, with employee options to add supplemental life insurance.