Itential is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Go to join our R&D General team. Software Engineers at Itential are members of our Product team and are responsible for developing our industry leading automation platform and applications. You will have the opportunity for leadership roles if desired, including leading technical aspects of internal teams through our release cycles.
You will use your Go, API, and backend development skills to develop our software platform and applications that automate network operations. You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing, and implementing solutions to complex technical issues. You also enjoy ensuring that internal and external customers use our product effectively by making sure it is well tested and documented. Most importantly, you are a software developer that wants a challenging environment to continue developing your skills!
- Design and develop applications as a member of an Agile team.
- Develop APIs that enable our system to interact with third-party applications and systems.
- Understand business requirements and how they translate to functionality.
- Participate in code reviews and maintain coding standards.
- Ensure that your team's code is tested, robust, and secure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of post-graduate experience with software design and development.
- 5+ years of Go development.
- Knowledge of consuming and creating APIs.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Comfortable using Linux/*nix CLI.